Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
LRD =
images

Reaction Score
I think he/she is actually an ECU fan...

Her/his handle is a play on UNC coach Larry Fedora's love for Red Bull. I think the original Larry may have been a UNC fan, but the latest twitter account has Cheater Hill, NC as the address so maybe it's a Duke fan, Wake fan, NC State fan, or ECU Fan. Who knows. . .who cares.. .he or she adds no value to the conversation. She/he is doing her/his school a favor by keeping her/his affiliation a secret.

Reactions: pj

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Her/his handle is a play on UNC coach Larry Fedora's love for Red Bull. I think the original Larry may have been a UNC fan, but the latest twitter account has Cheater Hill, NC as the address so maybe it's a Duke fan, Wake fan, NC State fan, or ECU Fan. Who knows. . .who cares.. .he or she adds no value to the conversation. She/he is doing her/his school a favor by keeping her/his affiliation a secret.
Yes, I saw the twitter handle and feed and he's definitely anti-UNC. But you're right... who cares.

Haters gonna hate.
image.png

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My take is Duke! Can anyone say 77-74!

Reaction Score
I think he/she is actually an ECU fan...

I don't think its an ECU fan. They pretty much keep to themselves, unless we're playing them. I seldom see them trolling other teams' boards.

Reaction Score
I thought NC state. Its a mystery.

I could buy that. Their fans DO like to head off to other boards, and, pose as UNC fans, talk **** to their hosts, in attempt to paint us all as hard to get along with (which encompasses everything negative).

To be fair, we have our own troglodytes who do the same thing. Its a pathetic shame on both fanbases.

Reaction Score

Actually, this 'poster' reminds me of a particular UNC 'fan' who made the rounds all over the internet, PO'ing every board he went to. His handle was 'TarHealed' and larry's posts sort of remind me of his.

Reaction Score
I went to the game since I grew up (and still am) a Penn State football fan. We got there right at 10:30 when the gates opened and tailgated until 3pm. It was Penn State fans everywhere and anywhere in the parking lot. We walked around for a bit and saw one small section of Syracuse tailgaters and they mostly looked like older alum 35+ y/o. It had to have been an 85/15 split.

The stadium crowd was a little better from Cuse's angle but it was still a pro-PSU crowd by a good margin.

No such thing as a "young" Syracuse football fan. All the ones left are 30+ who witnessed McNabb, Brown, Coach McPherson, etc.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There are two kinds of Syracuse fans - people who went to Syracuse and people who were born in the same zip code as Syracuse.

That's far from a knock against them - that's the way it is when you're not the university of "somewhere".

If you're born in Connecticut, you're probably a UConn fan. If you're born in Maryland, you're a Maryland fan. If you're born in New Jersey, you have fetal alcohol syndrome, but you're also a Rutgers' fan.

Syracuse only has that sort of natural pull in the 315 area code.

Reaction Score
If you're born in New Jersey, you have fetal alcohol syndrome, but you're also a Rutgers' fan.

Such petty, catty little school girls you UConn types are.
Your vindictiveness will not alter your current reality though. So have fun with that.

Reaction Score
My take is Duke! Can anyone say 77-74!

I was in Naples last weekend and went fishing and to dinner with a Duke Alumn (a retired judge and self admitted elitist). Good thing I had my UCONN cap. After I pulled out my cap he forced his son to were his Duke T-shirt to dinner. He and wife said that the UCONN fans were atrocious and relentlessly badgered them at the 1999 NC game and that our fans had the "audacity" to storm the court. Something Duke would "never" do. He said the only thing worse than UCONN fans were FSU fans—"just terrible" they both said simultaneously. They said Michigan fans were also worse, "but that was to be expected". Actually, we enjoyed our banter (he is pretty good guy) and we were able to bridge our differences over evening libations.

Reaction Score
I was in Naples last weekend and went fishing and to dinner with a Duke Alumn (a retired judge and self admitted elitist). Good thing I had my UCONN cap. After I pulled out my cap he forced his son to were his Duke T-shirt to dinner. He and wife said that the UCONN fans were atrocious and relentlessly badgered them at the 1999 NC game and that our fans had the "audacity" to storm the court. Something Duke would "never" do. He said the only thing worse than UCONN fans were FSU fans—"just terrible" they both said simultaneously. They said Michigan fans were also worse, "but that was to be expected". Actually, we enjoyed our banter (he is pretty good guy) and we were able to bridge our differences over evening libations.

Is there a fanbase out there they didn't think was "terrible?" Let me guess, Elon?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If they won the judge would have felt differently!:) North Carolina fans just love UConn fans!:)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I actually found Michigan fans to be quite hospitable. Elitist fans have it in their DNA that EVERYONE MUST love their team. Funny thing about Duke fans is that they should know this. Duke is like the Yankees, Lakers, Cowboys and Canadiens. If they aren't a rabid fans, then people probably loath their very existence. Not many basketball fans are indifferent towards Duke.

Reaction Score
If they won the judge would have felt differently!:) North Carolina fans just love UConn fans!:)

Calhoun skippering the SS UCONN cut my friend's (AKA Judge Smails) sloop in half and, according to him, "ruined a perfectly good national championship."

Reaction Score
You are talking about Towson on a Thursday night, not Penn State on a Saturday. Big difference. There are over 20,000 Alum in NYC and for a lot of fans driving to NYC is a shorter ride than getting up to East Hartford. Additionally, if students have to drive 30 minutes to go see Towson, why not sit on a bus for 1.5 hours more and see Penn State. I think more than 5K show up for the army game, I'd take that bet.
It looks like you guys aren't even going to sell out your Mich home game. Still think you could bring 30-40k to NY to watch a game??

Reaction Score
It looks like you guys aren't even going to sell out your Mich home game. Still think you could bring 30-40k to NY to watch a game??

You seem to have logical deficiencies.

The game is 3 weeks away.

The AD never released the extra tickets until a couple days ago because he was driving season ticket sales.

Now the tix have been released.

Will it sell out?

Watch, yes it will.

Reaction Score

LarryRedBS, you're hardly a reliable source on these matters. There may be tickets still floating around, but the turnout for that game will be over 40K.. I suspect things close out on game day. Also, feel free to paste where I said 30K-40K for a NYC game, I didn't say any such thing. I do think UCONN has the potential to have a greater turnout than Syracuse, with more than 15K fans showing up to play a national brand.

Reaction Score
LarryRedBS, you're hardly a reliable source on these matters. There may be tickets still floating around, but the turnout for that game will be over 40K.. I suspect things close out on game day. Also, feel free to paste where I said 30K-40K for a NYC game, I didn't say any such thing. I do think UCONN has the potential to have a greater turnout than Syracuse, with more than 15K fans showing up to play a national brand.

UConn certainly traveled to bowls better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom