So it seems the 2014-15 championship is already decided..... | The Boneyard

So it seems the 2014-15 championship is already decided.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah but we have Jefferson Airplane on our side to go with 7-1, Captain Morgan, the Stoker, KaChong, Take it to the Bank, plus the National Guard (of two countries) coming in next year! I'll take that over a big mac any day!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Right on with that Kevin- there are only a few coaches that appear they can be dangerous when they get really good talent. Joanne M doesn't seam to be one of them. And I have always kind of liked her spirit- she has the look of a competitor.
Our recruits don't arrive 17-35 pts better than all of our competitors!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"Has had 24 overall selections."

(And zero national championships.) :)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
As far as I can remember, only five players are allowed on the court at a time. How do you keep a bench warming McDonalds All American happy?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
With that many All-Americans, it really seems like Duke is a good fit for the American Athletic Conference. Maybe the AAC can find a place for them so that they no longer have to associate with academic lowlifes like UNC in the ACC.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter how much potential talent your team has, it's about how you develop that talent into championships.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
As far as I can remember, only five players are allowed on the court at a time. How do you keep a bench warming McDonalds All American happy?
Same way they do it at UCONN. We currently have 8 McDonald's AA's on our team, and Saniya was named to the WBCA all star team (she was also NPOY according to 2 services). So basically every single player at UCONN was a HS AA.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I think the dangerous team for us next year will, once again, be the Irish.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I predict next year, Duke won't even win the ACC with the All Americans they have. Predict it will be UNC when their talented freshmen are sophomores. UNC IMHO has difference makers. Duke has talented players.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I don't know.....

Maybe it's our wonderful Duke fan posters but I don't enjoy the Duke piling on.

I agree. The dynasty comment deserved mocking, but that was another era.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I predict next year, Duke won't even win the ACC with the All Americans they have. Predict it will be UNC when their talented freshmen are sophomores. UNC IMHO has difference makers. Duke has talented players.
I felt the same way about No Carolina, heck- with the raw talent on the court, I thought they were a viable FF contender. But they look really awful, disjointed at times. I spoke at length to the Syracuse asst coaches at last B East Tmt - they told me not to underestimate the basketball IQ of the players we are able to recruit. They said they are about 2 yrs behind in their teaching and understanding of the game- their words- not mine.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I agree. The dynasty comment deserved mocking, but that was another era.
I agree. Isn't the person who made the dynasty comment gone? It's not like RU, where CVS is still there after her "jewel of the east" comment.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I agree. Isn't the person who made the dynasty comment gone? It's not like RU, where CVS is still there after her "jewel of the east" comment.
Can you stop dogging CVS about that? You well know she meant "jewel of the East Brunswick area" which is just a few miles from the RAC and where she clearly believed that NJ's free-spending pols were going to build a facility befitting their WCBB coach. Quite reasonable expectations, I'm sure. She was also counting on the NJ traffic officials to close off the route for UConn's bus there and help her team pick up some nice little forfeit wins.

Reaction Score
I for one think Duke should win a National Championship. They certainly have some excellent players and have a fine recruiting class. I am not very familiar with their coach but she must be above average, after all, they are ranked number three. They certainly have my vote. :)

63 TO GO

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
You must use the sarcasm emoticon or the one depicting a laughing bear rolling on it's back.

If the latter, then Icebear will need to change his avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom