So it looks like DePaul again | The Boneyard

So it looks like DePaul again

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Charlie Moore played great, but PC played literally no defense.

Reaction Score
We beat them by 20 with Bouknight and only beat them by 7 without him. I like our chances obviously, but expect DePaul to give us a pretty good fight.
Good call i can see that. One thing ive noticed about this team is its very explosive offensively and capable of going on big, quick runs. We seem to fade late but our spurtability is quite impressive. Im thinking it might be a good game for a bit and then we pull away but a good effort from DP.

Reaction Score
Guys DePaul is really bad. We’re really good. Don’t over think it
Yeah i think todays game was fools gold. This Uconn team is red hot right now and while i think DP will carry over some momentum from their big win reality will set in and Uconn pulls way. Itd be nice if we came out like we did against Gtown but i think DP is game for a little while.

Reaction Score
DePaul is ranked lower in Kenpom than Yale who, uh, hasn’t stepped onto a court this year. That’s not good!

(Yes, yes, I know why that’s the case - I just think it’s funny.)

Reaction Score
We’re skilled and deep.
DePaul has Moore, Freeman & Weems. Providence is not deep. DePaul is not super skilled. Give them 40 minutes of hell &
Blow them out by 20+

Reaction Score
Before someone posts, "It's hard to beat a team 3 times in the same season," does anyone have that stat about the record in 3rd meetings when a team has already beaten another team twice?
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that expression started in the NFL, on the rare occasions when you swept a division rival and then saw them again in the playoffs. The rule of thumb there being that the team you beat twice is also really good (because they got in the playoffs and advanced), and now you had to try to beat a talented team that is equally as good as you, or almost as good, a third time.

In college, you can see a team a third time and simply be much better than them (see: pretty much any 1-8 game in a conference tournament). DePaul might win tomorrow, but if they do, it’s not because of a three times thing - it‘d be more likely a “first postseason game for a lot of our kids and they played poorly“ thing and/or a “DePaul was feeling confident and played out of their minds” thing.

Reaction Score
PC looks scrappy or crappy? I think you had a typo and typed the "s" by accident.
Haha. One of my go to quips has always been that “when you call a player or a team scrappy, you are always an ‘s’ away from saying what you really mean.”

Reaction Score
Watching the other 3 BE games today made me realize how good and well coached we are. We are incredibly disciplined and so consistent with rebounding and d, that with Bouk back, the offense just naturally happens. Very excited for these next few weeks starting tomorrow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom