So I was looking at yahoo answers and.. | The Boneyard

So I was looking at yahoo answers and..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was looking up who the leading scorer in big east was and found a answer on yahoo from 2009..and it got me to thinking. 5 years ago was 2009 we had been to 2 final 4 and won 2 championships. History can go by fast and lots can happen in just 5 years (3 final 4's and 2 championships). The poster and anyone reading or around just 5 years ago had no idea how Uconn would fare.

So that leads me to the next 5 years as I'm writing this now and someone stumbles upon this post in 5 years, how do we do?

Give me 2 answers. One that is optimistic and hopeful and the other more down to earthnd realistic.

I'll start...
We go to 3 final 4's and win a championship
We go to 2 final 4's and get to ship game with a possible ship win

Reaction Score
Give me 2 answers. One that is optimistic and hopeful and the other more down to earthnd realistic.

I'll start...
We go to 3 final 4's and win a championship
We go to 2 final 4's and get to ship game with a possible ship win

Which one of those is down to earth and realistic? Lol I think we've all gotten a little too spoiled.

(Very) Optimistic: 1 Final Four, 1 Championship
Realistic: A couple of Sweet 16s and an Elite 8

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
no comment on content other than to wonder: Yahoo still exists? Did you use the Ask Jeeves or Alta Vista search engine to get there?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think we win it all in 2016. Can't see beyond that

Reaction Score
What's weird about this is that there have been 15 championships in this century and 9 of them have been won by only 4 schools (UConn, Duke UNC, and Fla.). the other six have been won by perennial top 25 teams except for Maryland. So the odds look pretty good for us in the near future.:)

Reaction Score
Optimistic: 1 S16, 1 E8, 3 F4s, 2 NC (Something like this could be achievable if KO pulls in a huge recruiting class this year and keeps it going for the foreseeable future. Look at what he did with the talent he had the last couple seasons. Imagine what he can do if he lands a bunch of better recruits.)

Less optimistic: Make the tournament all 5 years with mixed results, 1 F4 with a puncher's chance of winning it all.

It's still too early to tell the impact on recruiting by not being in one of the big 5 conferences. We'll know more about that in the next coming months. So far it looks promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom