So, how's the ankle? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So, how's the ankle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I agree unless the ankle is completely healed. I was taped for 4 years playing in college and it was no fun. I hope it is just very minor and doesn't need anything. There are several degrees of sprains which are tears and then there are strains. Looked like a rollover strain to me. If there is anything residual I would think she would sit tomorrow. I would like to see Nika and Anna have extended quality minutes anyway. Evina can stabilize the offense so we will be fine. It may also cause Evina to shoot more which I am really hoping for. She is 16-22 her last 3 games which to me means she needs to take more shots. I just loved the guts in Paige to take the shot and make it.

I'm not a doctor, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night, nor have I read any of the other posts in this thread. So there's a good chance someone else may have already suggested what I'm about to.

Georgetown is 3rd from the bottom of the league standings at 1-4. UConn wins this game easily WITHOUT Paige. UConn's next game is at Arkansas on Thursday Jan 28. That's a 6 day rest/break for Paige. I would sit her out of this one, and let her rest and get treatment on that ankle. It will feel a lot better then if she does not try nd play on it tomorrow. Her services are going to be needed more against #15 Arkansas than the Hoyas. :cool:

Hoyas to Face No. 3/5 UConn on Saturday

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
There are other injuries to the Achilles besides a complete rupture, there are also many foot injuries that present as or may be described as ankle pain. The trainer did not exactly have a ton of tire to do a thorough evaluation, hopefully it IS just a rolled ankle, but I did not see one on tape.
If you watch very carefully when Paige is at the foul line she plants her right foot and it appears to slip and twist a little when moved to her left.

Reaction Score
You always hope it’s the most minor thing possible when an injury occurs. If it’s something that can be healed with rest and gradual return to play, then that should be the priority—rest it, let it heal, and then gradually return to activity. The last thing you want is for it to get worse and require surgery or any kind of more serious medical care because that can mean anything from sitting out later on and/or having to sacrifice off season time recovering instead of working on your game or strength or just enjoying some time away from the rigors or being a student-athlete.

Reaction Score
How much time did the trainer have to evaluate her? Again, there are a multitude of foot injuries that present as ankle pain. I'm not saying that is what it is, but just that rolled ankles are usually pretty easy to see on film and I did not see one.
Please stop. Your original post was alarmist and unfounded. There is no way to defend it. Just move on.

Reaction Score
High sprains take time. Low sprains heal quickly with some icing. It didn't look like she rolled it badly but for now who knows.
I’ve spent a few weeks on crutches due to a sprained ankle... in high school... when I was playing ball daily, and rolling my ankles regularly. Don’t remember why that one was so different.

Reaction Score
Please stop. Your original post was alarmist and unfounded. There is no way to defend it. Just move on.
There is an ignore button for a reason, please feel free to use it.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
We'll see in a few hours, I guess... I asked because I'm curious; I should've expected some of the "I saw 10 seconds of video and here's where I think the professional trainer who was actually there probably screwed up" stuff. Gotta love the boneyard some times (truth is, I DO love the BY, warts and all). Seems that if UConn Athletics could figure out how to leverage all the BY's resident talent, they could make a serious dent in that deficit.

Reaction Score
We'll see in a few hours, I guess... I asked because I'm curious; I should've expected some of the "I saw 10 seconds of video and here's where I think the professional trainer who was actually there probably screwed up" stuff. Gotta love the boneyard some times (truth is, I DO love the BY, warts and all). Seems that if UConn Athletics could figure out how to leverage all the BY's resident talent, they could make a serious dent in that deficit.
Yeah, pretty crazy that people are voicing their opinions about UConn women's basketball on a forum that was created for people to voice their opinions about UConn women's basketball.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yeah, pretty crazy that people are voicing their opinions about UConn women's basketball on a forum that was created for people to voice their opinions about UConn women's basketball.
If diagnosing an achilles injury from your TV screen is a 'basketball opinion', yeah that's crazy. I'm just glad there's no hot line for 'fans' to call-in and vote for amputation.

Reaction Score
If diagnosing an achilles injury from your TV screen is a 'basketball opinion', yeah that's crazy. I'm just glad there's no hot line for 'fans' to call-in and vote for amputation.
Funny.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
End result: At this point nobody here knows anything to answer the question of "How is the ankle?"

Rather than just continuing to insult each other how about we take a pause and someone can start a new thread when some fact is actually made public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom