So, here we are... | The Boneyard

So, here we are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's November & our season's been bleak to date. I can't help but think of that old NFL Films clip that used to be broadcast on CBS's pregame show. It was voiced over by the late John Facenda (a.ka The Voice of God) & was a poem about the fall. It was heart stirring & spoke to crunch time.

Reaction Score
Makes me want to run out there and fire an entire coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Loved the physcial brand of football UCONN played. When RGIII commented about the way our guys played.

Now we have "zone blocking schemes" and a running game that's for . Took these guys less than two seasons to fully deplete that part of the program. And the guys didn't want to tackle against the Cuse, so we could be heading for a trainwreck on that side of the ball next.

It ain't brain surgery, it's duck'n football.......

Reaction Score
It's November & our season's been bleak to date. I can't help but think of that old NFL Films clip that used to be broadcast on CBS's pregame show. It was voiced over by the late John Facenda (a.ka The Voice of God) & was a poem about the fall. It was heart stirring & spoke to crunch time.

Classic.
NFL Films founder Ed Sabol said he first heard Facenda as an anchor on a news broadcast, then convinced him to do the voice-overs.
The whole concept of dramatic music, slow-motion action, and Facenda's amazing voice reciting poems and phrases like; "The FROZEN TUNDRA of Lambeau Field....", makes these films sooo unique.
Love 'em.

Reaction Score
If that clip doesn't get you fired up, then you don't like football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom