So can this be the game threat? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

So can this be the game threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Jimdish255 said:
Gee look what happens when we let the kid throw.

Around here a couple of drops and not calling a pass on until third and long gets you labeled as a bad QB after 20 minutes of play. Start calling some decent plays for a guy that can zip the ball downfield and maybe we'll see progress. He needs PT and to get out of the first and run mentality before we can make a judgement. And like I said earlier can we please attempt to set up Davis beyond a short out pattern.

He's started 6 games now and played parts of another 6. He hasn't so much as led a decent drive or connected on a handful of first down passes. What are you people watching?

Reaction Score
The ankle knee genie folks are missing a big opportunity with all us long suffering Huskies fans tuning in. If they had a copper lined protector genie they would be selling like hotcakes.

Reaction Score
No hate for Timmy but he is outclassed.
Is he the future? Doubtful.
He has a rocket but he seems always off, and I guess it's a toss up between giving him reps and throwing up over another loss.
I'd like to not puke just one week, but if I thought he was our guy next year I'd be ok with it. Just not seeing it. Hope I'm wrong.

If he plays the entire game it will be the first one this year. He's not going to carry the team right out of the box but at least give him 1/4 of the chance Whitmer got.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Gee look what happens when we let the kid throw.

Around here a couple of drops and not calling a pass on until third and long gets you labeled as a bad QB after 20 minutes of play. Start calling some decent plays for a guy that can zip the ball downfield and maybe we'll see progress. He needs PT and to get out of the first and run mentality before we can make a judgement. And like I said earlier can we please attempt to set up Davis beyond a short out pattern.
That's not fair. The 0-4 record and the TD to INT ratio is why most QB's get labeled.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Jimdish255 said:
If he plays the entire game it will be the first one this year. He's not going to carry the team right out of the box but at least give him 1/4 of the chance Whitmer got.

He has and hasn't been good enough to get on the field. All of his playing time has been a charity case. Based on production he'd never be in a game.

Reaction Score
He's started 6 games now and played parts of another 6. He hasn't so much as led a decent drive or connected on a handful of first down passes. What are you people watching?

What we're not watching is a team that was being led to a bowl game. What's your plan for the future?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
CW suffered from bad play calling as well. But go Tim. I will cheer wildly for him to take us to victory today and moving forward.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
What we're not watching is a team that was being led to a bowl game. What's your plan for the future?
Triple option with Sheriffs. Run heavy FB!!

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Jimdish255 said:

Recruit and develop better players than are on this roster. QB is a priority because unless this kid from NC is decent, we don't have a 1A QB in town. Just because Sheriff is a transfer doesn't mean he's any good, but by default he is the starter heading into next year.

Reaction Score
He has and hasn't been good enough to get on the field. All of his playing time has been a charity case. Based on production he'd never be in a game.

He's played 25% of the time? And based on production who on this team would be playing?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Good kick by Puyol and way to put the first one out of his mind. I think that the first one got caught with the wind behind it and he didn't compensate for it.

As for the rest of the team; I'm loving the way the DLine is playing, I'm liking the way that the OLine is playing, and I'm really loving Ron Johnson. Noel Thomas is a real player, too. Timmy Boyle? Well, let's hope he can build on the last possession, because it was a bad first half for Tim up to that point. If he can settle in during the 3rd quarter the way that he did on the last drive, then great. If not, I'd like to get Whitmer back in there. I want to win this game bad. And I think that this Memphis team is clearly beatable...

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The woman doing the "halftime show" just thanked everyone for hanging in...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I agree that they are not doing him any favors by cutting down the playbook to protect him. And not even close to ALL our problems are QB-based. Had some really bad penalties in that half. Defense is playing well but we're asking way too much of them with the way we're running our offense.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Jimdish255 said:
He's played 25% of the time? And based on production who on this team would be playing?

None obviously but no one is calling for the backup LB to see the field. This sick, and it is sick, obsession with a guy who by any measure stinks is bizarre. If he can play you would have seen something, anything by now.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Boyle played ok via stat line 8-14 75 yds

Reaction Score
I know we all want to win every game, but right now I would choose giving TB the rest of the snaps for the season. People can disagree on that but this season is about next season for me as far as QB goes.

Reaction Score
On their TD the receiver gave Summers a stiff arm while the ball was in the air and it was OK. Boyle is a bit slow on the decision making but he did OK on the last drive. Let's see if there is any carry over in the 3rd Q

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If Boyle wasn't from Connecticut no one would think he had a shot at being any good next year. Instead 10% of the people here do.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
On their TD the receiver gave Summers a stiff arm while the ball was in the air and it was OK. Boyle is a bit slow on the decision making but he did OK on the last drive. Let's see if there is any carry over in the 3rd Q
announcer said it wasn't "enough of a push to call" - LOL - they'd call it save FSU's season though

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I know we all want to win every game, but right now I would choose giving TB the rest of the snaps for the season. People can disagree on that but this season is about next season for me as far as QB goes.

Hopefully, Boyle can deliver the victory and we won't have to choose... ;)

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Jimdish255 said:

Not arguing that, there is no one else. But, he's a long way from being anything other than a distraction next season.

Reaction Score
Boyle is the best we have right now for next year. He should be playing. But he has played enough where I believe he should be figuring it out. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see him being a D-1 QB.

Reaction Score
And BTW DeLorenzo was clearly out of bounds on my replay. Terrible call not reviewed if it could have been.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Bottom line is if Boyle can't improve over the off season buckle up for another long season next year. We know nothing of Sheriffs and we have an incoming true frosh w ho is a clear project. So right now it's gonna be on Boyle to try and bring some stability to this position by improving today, next week, and through the off season.

There's no magic QB walking through UConn's door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom