So are we AAC title contenders | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So are we AAC title contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dare to dream but focus on the task at hand.

Of course, but several of the Mizzou folks said ours was one of the toughest defenses they've played in two years. And I pressed them re LSU etc. Are they experts? No, but neither are we. I accepted the compliment. Too many here haven't yet embraced just how good we really are.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
If we beat Navy this weekend, then I'd say maybe... We also face Houston later this season. And let's face it- ECU (minus their QB) and UCF (also minus thier QB) aren't the same teams we saw dominate last season. We could do this.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Why the hell not?

Obligatory Major League clip:

Reaction Score
I'm asking because I don't watch the other teams. All I know is that we went toe-to-toe on the road with a ranked SEC team. They had to pull out the Tiger Stripes to beat us. Doesn't that put us in the mix?

if there's one thing I've learned by being a fan of UConn sports, it's that we are title contenders until we aren't title contenders.

Reaction Score
Of course, but several of the Mizzou folks said ours was one of the toughest defenses they've played in two years. And I pressed them re LSU etc. Are they experts? No, but neither are we. I accepted the compliment. Too many here haven't yet embraced just how good we really are.

You can't have a better defensive game than the one we just had. At any level of BCS. That having been said, we haven't beaten even a decent BCS team yet. If (when?) we beat Navy, I will be thinking differently than I am now. But Navy is a far better offensive team than Mizzou at the moment, and we have to show we can win a game where we need more than 20 or so points.

Reaction Score
No, not this season. Just too many holes. But, I really think Diaco has this thing positioned to make some real noise the next few seasons.

Reaction Score
Navy is a far better offensive team than Mizzou at the moment, and we have to show we can win a game where we need more than 20 or so points.

Well Biz, get ready for our offense to take flight this weekend. We'll score more than 20 on Saturday. That's a given. We're starting to jell on O--even though the points haven't come yet. The receivers, the schemes, the gutsy calls, the improving decision making of Shirreffs, and the confidence borne of playing in Missouri vs SEC--all will get our O pumping out the points. Even our running game will turn on the jets. We simply need to improve our Special Teams. Get psyched! We're on our way.

Reaction Score
Well Biz, get ready for our offense to take flight this weekend. We'll score more than 20 on Saturday. That's a given. We're starting to jell on O--even though the points haven't come yet. The receivers, the schemes, the gutsy calls, the improving decision making of Shirreffs, and the confidence borne of playing in Missouri vs SEC--all will get our O pumping out the points. Even our running game will turn on the jets. We simply need to improve our Special Teams. Get psyched! We're on our way.

Love to see it. But I'm working to keep my expectations from getting out of control, and you're not helping.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
UConn is only a 1/2 game behind Temple for 1st place in the East and UConn has a game in hand. Plenty of time to run them down.

Reaction Score
UConn reminds me of Temple last year with a great defense but questionable offense. Being in the east should help with the contender goal. If UConn was in the west it be hard to do that because the offenses are very good in that division. We see how you do against Navy.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Don't drink the poison. © ™

:)
Spack, are you sure you own the copyright & trademark?

I imagine BL's mouth is watering over a potential copyright infringement lawsuit.

Reaction Score
I have people for that stuff.

I'm now desperate for that moment when I'm at a national meeting of business lawyers, I introduce myself to someone and give me firm name and what I get back is "Hi, I'm Dan Jones, and I'm one of Spackler's people."

Reaction Score
I'm now desperate for that moment when I'm at a national meeting of business lawyers, I introduce myself to someone and give me firm name and what I get back is "Hi, I'm Dan Jones, and I'm one of Spackler's people."

It will happen when you least expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom