SNY UConn All Access | The Boneyard

SNY UConn All Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Did anyone watch the special after the game? Or was this a repeat? Anyway, lots of amazing stuff, so I thought I'd start a thread. Feel free to let me know if there is another thread.

Reaction Score
Tremendous episode. Tons of great behind the scenes stuff. Just programmed my DVR to make sure I don't miss the next one.

Reaction Score
Did anyone watch the special after the game? Or was this a repeat? Anyway, lots of amazing stuff, so I thought I'd start a thread. Feel free to let me know if there is another thread.

ARRRGGGGGGG: we taped AND watched the game itself, doing our usual many rewinds of special plays, etc. Result, we ended up at 10:20 or so...........and totally missed the "Special." Anyone know if there will be a repeat? Or, anyone have it on tape?

Reaction Score
Repeats tomorrow at 2 PM, 6:30 PM before the game Friday night, and again Sunday night at 9:30 PM for those that missed it. SNY's schedule always seems iffy, but that's when they have it listed to show again.

Reaction Score
HOOPS: many thanks...will set the tape right now. Stay well.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
There was a segment on EVERY player, including the two new girls. Lots of very interesting stuff. Each player could get their own boneyard thread based on their segment. Very, very interesting. But I repeat myself.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Let's see if I can paraphrase here. Geno said the reason he continues to Coach is that every Freshman who comes to UConn has not had the unique experience of winning a National championship. He wants them to have that experience. He told Kelly Faris before last year's tournament, that he was going to do everything he could to have it end the right way. Then they showed Kelly cutting down the nets. Geno's voice over was that the look on Kelly's face when the final buzzer sounded made it all worthwhile.

Only a UConn fan could fully appreciate that segment.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I started a thread as well - maybe the mods can combine. I thought it was a fabulous show!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Let's see if I can paraphrase here. Geno said the reason he continues to Coach is that every Freshman who comes to UConn has not had the unique experience of winning a National championship. He wants them to have that experience. He told Kelly Faris before last year's tournament, that he was going to do everything he could to have it end the right way. Then they showed Kelly cutting down the nets. Geno's voice over was that the look on Kelly's face when the final buzzer sounded made it all worthwhile.

Only a UConn fan could fully appreciate that segment.

Loved that quote when he said it at the end of last season.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I started a thread as well - maybe the mods can combine. I thought it was a fabulous show!
It was an awesome show on all levels. Mail it out to every recruit.

The honesty about expectations of the players. The path of players moving forward each year was palpable. The uniqueness of every individual, players and staff. The personalities really emerged. Great credit to Rosemary Ragle, a component lost on many casual viewers. The sense of purpose and demand each player puts on themselves and how sometimes it is a struggle for them to accept or embrace that. The quality of story boarding, the camera work, the editing, the production.

Loved the scenes of Geno in his restaurant at the bar and, especially, in the kitchen jabbering away in Italian at the chef.

It is a piece that should win media awards.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
tape as in "VHS" "VCR" tape... or are you calling the DVR "tape"?

There you go again :)

rr.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
ARRRGGGGGGG: we taped AND watched the game itself, doing our usual many rewinds of special plays, etc. Result, we ended up at 10:20 or so...........and totally missed the "Special." Anyone know if there will be a repeat? Or, anyone have it on tape?
I'd send it to you but shipping costs back and forth on the DVR would kill you and I would not be able use DirecTV to see the games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The spcial after the game was truely amazing, after watching I felt really proud to be a Huskie fan. The intensity of the pratice's were like nothing I have ever seen before.He molds these young women into all american's because they believe in him and want to be the best.
I was blown away!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
About half way through I was thinking, man they are showing him being brutally honest about the kids. But then I was thinking, it's not anything I'm sure he and the coaches have not sat down and discussed (probably more honestly) with the individual players.

Well done piece.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Great production values. Wonderful show. Do not know when it was shot, but I would say it was preseason with BB just starting to do some full court scrimmage. The two players who came in for the most critical analysis were Kiah and Stewie. Regarding Stewie Geno said that she listens to no one and just wants to keep doing things the way she always has ( Di anyone?); her game had to evolve because teams would be figuring her out. Kiah 2 great practices and then the lights went out. Whether he would say the same things today is anyone's guess, but I am sure his remarks on this show are no surprise to any of the team.

Reaction Score
Great production values. .... it was preseason with BB just starting to do some full court scrimmage. ....
I was impressed with the conditioning they had her do and wouldn't push her past what she was ready for. It made me wish Brittany Hunter had come to UConn first.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just thought I would bring my post from last night over from the other thread and we can let that one die:
I loved and respected CPTV for everything they did for Uconn Women's Basketball, but I got to say -
SNY is GREAT.
Solid production values good replays and camera angles good on air talent - just a great product. And then to follow it up with the All Access show - it just blew me away. And to realize that show is being broadcast into households all across the country and younger women get to see what the Uconn program is all about and dream that they too might receive a letter from Uconn. And those who already have the letter in hand ... what a motivational tool.
You can talk all you want about Geno not having as much time to recruit because he is coaching USA basketball - but ...
1. We saw what Kia's family thought about that - the deal clincher!
2. The games are all broadcast nationwide with great production values and the product on the floor looks great.
3. All Access and the other special programming are being broadcast nationwide.
4. Sending a recruit and her family a video file of that show tonight is worth 24 hours of face time - sure it is edited but it is also pretty unvarnished truth about the process, the team, the coaching staff, and the goals.

Just FABULOUS!

(Am I over reacting?)

Reaction Score
tape as in "VHS" "VCR" tape... or are you calling the DVR "tape"?

DAD: am calling the DVR "tape"....a misnomer....but seems more congruent with the Conestoga wagon on which we roll. Do you need/want to see a certain game? We have several recent and several some years old..

Reaction Score
I'd send it to you but shipping costs back and forth on the DVR would kill you and I would not be able use DirecTV to see the games.

ICE: a heavenly offer indeed. But we're all set to tape the 2 PM airing today. I do recall when you did ship us a missed game some years ago...and we remain grateful. Stay well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom