Snippets From The Kansas Hoops Board | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Snippets From The Kansas Hoops Board

Reaction Score
I liked this comment from the KU board..mojo?

8th out of 360+ teams is still quite good.

Every team has issues. UConn can't hit threes.
They’re sooooo clueless. Hahahaa

Reaction Score

Well...let this be the game that Karaban gets his mojo back behind the arch. Bulletin board material!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

I think we can usually count on Spencer, Newton, and Karaban to hit 3s. I think the reason the 3 point percentage has been lower is due to the wrong people taking them. The freshman need to pick that up especially when left wide open.

Reaction Score

Yea, it's a bit of dangerously deceptive stat that a casual fan would jump on as a "weakness"

So far, Spencer, Karaban, Newton, & Ball have taken 80% of our 3pt attempts. Ball has taken 21% of the total 141 from those 4 players (at a 21% make rate). He's probably only going to take 1-2 3's against Kansas unless he somehow catches fire.

Spencer, Newton, Karaban are going to probably take almost all our 3's on Friday during the game minutes that count.

Prior to the twilight zone UNH game, Karaban & Newton were shooting 38% & 35% for the year. The combo of Spencer/Karaban/Newton was 39/94 (41.4%).

We are a real good 3pt shooting team.

Reaction Score
Yea, it's a bit of dangerously deceptive stat that a casual fan would jump on as a "weakness"

So far, Spencer, Karaban, Newton, & Ball have taken 80% of our 3pt attempts. Ball has taken 21% of the total 141 from those 4 players (at a 21% make rate). He's probably only going to take 1-2 3's against Kansas unless he somehow catches fire.

Spencer, Newton, Karaban are going to probably take almost all our 3's on Friday during the game minutes that count.

Prior to the twilight zone UNH game, Karaban & Newton were shooting 38% & 35% for the year. The combo of Spencer/Karaban/Newton was 39/94 (41.4%).

We are a real good 3pt shooting team.
I think we should be a real good three point shooting team but we aren’t there yet. Karaban should bounce back and Newtons been streaky but hopefully he gets more consistent. Someone showed a stat on another thread that were near the bottom of the big east so far for 3p percentage.

Reaction Score
Three point shooting was a weakness against UNH. Hope it's not a trend.

Reaction Score
I think we should be a real good three point shooting team but we aren’t there yet. Karaban should bounce back and Newtons been streaky but hopefully he gets more consistent. Someone showed a stat on another thread that were near the bottom of the big east so far for 3p percentage.
We are towards the bottom, and the post you replied to explains why that's the case and why that is misleading and not a concern entering the tough part of the schedule

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
This will probably be the most nerve racking game for me to watch. Sports have never affected me like the PTSD inflicted by our 1995 loss to Kansas, ever since I have had an irrational fear of playing them.

I remember campus after that game and the whole place was deflated. We would have lit things on fire if we won that game. Not that I would condone that now that I am 50.

Reaction Score
Three point shooting was a weakness against UNH. Hope it's not a trend.
The Huskies shot a woeful 14.3% (4 for 28) from 3-point range against New Hampshire, but they have brushed that off. Tristen Newton said it was just one of those things, and that he figured it was a good sign the Huskies kept shooting and didn’t lose their confidence.

Hurley, who has praised the team’s lone-distance potential numerous times this season, took the blame for the one poor performance and expects things to get much better.

“I looked back on practice plans and some different types of competitive shooting drills we were doing last year that we had gotten away from,” Hurley said. “I don’t think I had put enough pressure on these guys in non-live shooting drills in practice to create that type of game pressure when you shoot the ball.”

“We have done that the last couple days. We have gotten great looks. I don’t think I had done a great job of preparing these guys for game-pressure shooting. So I take responsibility for how these guys have shot to this point. From now on it is on them.”

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
“I looked back on practice plans and some different types of competitive shooting drills we were doing last year that we had gotten away from,” Hurley said. “I don’t think I had put enough pressure on these guys in non-live shooting drills in practice to create that type of game pressure when you shoot the ball.”

Very strange to say the least - why dismiss something to date that worked so well? These drills should have been/be a staple especially with the importance of the 3 pt shot.

Reaction Score

Very strange to say the least - why dismiss something to date that worked so well? These drills should have been/be a staple especially with the importance of the 3 pt shot.
Limited time in the day, sometimes if it feels like you're doing really well in something you make time to focus on other points of the game

Reaction Score

I doubt it, but I hope Kansas thinks that's our weakness too. Could get ugly for them pretty quick if they don't try to defend the 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom