Snippets From The Kansas Hoops Board | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Snippets From The Kansas Hoops Board

Reaction Score
Thanks for your interest in samoyed basketball. ;)

Go ahead. Call me a Samoyed again.

974.jpg

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Kansas has played at home in 3 of the last 4 seasons of this BE/B12 battle (including this one). My guess is they will be @ UConn next season. If they get another home game, then it's just stupid.

Duke of the midwest

Reaction Score
This is a game where we won't get as many free throws as the other team. We have to make the ones we get. Also need to be effective inside so we're not forcing from the perimeter. Our outside shooting has been very good so far this, season but it's sometimes best to ease into that part of the game in a new building until you adjust to the environment, site lines etc. And be careful of early fouls (Clingan, Karaban). We need all our dogs in the pack giving us minutes. An occasional 2pts. conceded won't lose this game but time on the bench will. And Dickinson is a dirty player and a nasty flopper. He watches the refs then initiates contact, and plays that arm hook like a violin. Hurley should have that chat pre-game

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Look there was no way Self was going to allow his team to come play us at home. He knew even with the addition of Hunter they would be a work in progress. And honestly I think if we played them right now in Gampel we would beat them by double digits if SC was playing. If the Clingan we saw on Friday continues to be the version we see with improvement and with SJ playing himself into a draft pick Hunter is going to be tested.
Self has no say in it. Both UConn and KU were slated to be on the road this year in the challenge. So to force the matchup they obviously wanted, somebody would need to be home again. The more natural choice is the more iconic arena with the higher capacity.

Unlike Duke, KU routinely plays home and homes against schools like Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. I really think that if UConn fans show up at AFH like I expect, and spend money in Lawrence, we'll be on the short list for a future home and home. Texas probably will be too once they join the SEC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You do realize that KC is in another state, correct?
Is it though? in any event 37 miles is a lot different than 141 miles.

You get so weird about KU.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Is it though? in any event 37 miles is a lot different than 141 miles.

You get so weird about KU.
It is. 42 miles more or less, but given where the alumni of each school actually live, Storrs is a misleading starting point. Most UConn fans are in greater Hartford, New Haven and in Fairfield Cty. Both schools clearly have advantages at those sites, depending on the opponent. Hurley called it Storrs South the other day.

It doesn't matter. It was a KU home game back when we played at Kemper. No question about it.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
You do realize that MSG is 141 miles away and in another state, correct?

Lawrence to Kansas City is pretty much the same distance as from Storrs to Hartford:
View attachment 93453
Yeah, but if you take the train it takes the same amount of time, so there...

Reaction Score
I just want a close loss if we lose. I remember when we played UNC in Chapel Hill during the JC years and got thumped. That was painful. I absolutely want to win, but a close loss would be bearable. A win would be huge.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just want a close loss if we lose. I remember when we played UNC in Chapel Hill during the JC years and got thumped.
And TarHeel fans stormed the court!

Reaction Score
You do realize that MSG is 141 miles away and in another state, correct?

Lawrence to Kansas City is pretty much the same distance as from Storrs to Hartford:
View attachment 93453
The difference is that KU is the only game in town in that part of the country. There are probably 10 other programs, mid-major or better, closer to NYC than we are, which makes our showing there all the more impressive.

Reaction Score
Keep the Kansas board posts coming. Good and bad. Love to see what other teams think of our squad. And I’m completely cool with this game being on the road. It’s a great test for us and a win-win situation. If we lose, we cud say we lost to Kansas on the road, which won’t affect anything. If we win- great win. We re playing with house money. Mixed feelings about Marquette beating Kansas last week. Kind of wanted to go in there playing them when they were number one.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
They should play the game at the Tonganoxie Fieldhouse.

Reaction Score
I just want a close loss if we lose. I remember when we played UNC in Chapel Hill during the JC years and got thumped. That was painful. I absolutely want to win, but a close loss would be bearable. A win would be huge.

Not sure what game you are referencing, but in 2003 we lost at UNC 68-65, and in 2004 lost 86-83. We also THUMPED them at Gampel in 2002 86-54.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Both Kansas and Missouri have a Kansas City. I've been in both.
Yes, they do. I was born only a few miles from there. The arena is in Missouri. Nobody really wants to be in KCK, unless for soccer or NASCAR. Johnson County is a different story.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wrong arena, but yes that is close. That's over at the American Royal Rodeo/BBQ site. Hy-Vee Arena – Revolutionize the approach to sports and entertainment

Basketball is played at the T-Mobile Center in downtown KCMO. Mizzou is playing Seton Hall there in a few weeks.
This all seemed to start from a conversation about UConn playing Kansas in KC at some point. That game happened at what is now Hy-Vee. But, yes T-Mobile is the current alternative and a 2 mile slog from the border.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom