Sneakers | The Boneyard

Sneakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
is this a Pink game... or just new footwear?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I was at the game! Sneakers didn't look bad at all. Stood out and I didn't mind them at all!!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Kinda ugly, I thought -- but being a brand name groupie was never was my thing.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, on camera they looked very pink. Off camera they apparently looked reddish orange.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I thought they looked more red than pink.

Danny talk to Moriah after the game and explained that she wore the red ones But moved so fast they burned out.

after some back and forth she agreed we should go with that story

Reaction Score
Don't care for them. Very un-UConn like.
I think they stood out more because they were playing on a black court. At least they didn't lose like when they switched to those silver jerseys several years back.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
naw, but they still were some ugly sneaks. As previously mentioned, not "UConn-like" at all.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I thought they looked more red than pink.

Danny talk to Moriah after the game and explained that she wore the red ones But moved so fast they burned out.

after some back and forth she agreed we should go with that story
Actually, on the broadcast, they explained that Moriah's feet were so small, that Nike didn't have a pair small enough to fit her. Meghan knew what style they were, but I forgot what she guessed...

As Olde Coach would say, one size does not necessarily fit all...

T

TroyHouse66

SECURITY BREACH!!
Moderator... Please remove this discussion as it is, obviously, a Breach of UConn WBB's recruiting security protocol (RSP).

Now that the Geno-MoJeff secret speed selection standards, (SSSS), have been publicly exposed... We can expect more and more college coaches measuring the feet of potential guard recruits in an effort to stay "up-to-speed" (no pun intended) on facing [or is that "footing"] up to Moriah's quickness.

Will future opponent recruitment applications mandate submitting footprint tracings before discussion of scholarships?
Will Donnie Trump's spies break into Texas state birth records for Moriah's original delivery room footie-prints? Where will it all speed-lead?

With the all attention draw by the patter of little feet, will it trigger the NCAAs investigating the MoJeff collision-spin for undue twirl? How can she come dribbling down court, sense the proximity of an opponent, spin an anticlockwise 270 degree turn (while still controlling the ball), and veer off (at full tilt) on an entirely new trajectory? Is this what they teach, now-a-days, in home schooling? Can we expect this from CourtEk, too?

And WHY hasn't Shea ever published photos of the new generation of Guards' feet? Are they not following in the footsteps of Diana, Kesh, and Conlon? Is this a display of the Coaches' callus regard for an informed fan base?
Expiring minds want to know....

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Actually, that may have something to do with it. hmmmm.

Or made to match up with the new logo: blue/white but now with the little red Husky tongue as an accent color, which is a new wrinkle...

Color me unimpressed !! I'll take the blue or white sneakers anyday over these reddish things! :)

Reaction Score
This just in, they did have sneakers with the right color/size for Moriah but with her quick turns and movements the coloring will just not stay on. Basically she just runs right out of the color. So she will either have to slow down or stick with the Blue/White kicks she wears now.

71 TO GO

Reaction Score
Actually, on the broadcast, they explained that Moriah's feet were so small, that Nike didn't have a pair small enough to fit her. Meghan knew what style they were, but I forgot what she guessed...

As Olde Coach would say, one size does not necessarily fit all...
Eric Frede knew, Meghan didn't. OC must have thrown up a little in his mouth when he saw them.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Actually, they had a little bit of heel lift which OC would approve.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Age old discussion... Is blood blue or red... I think UConn is Blue Blood, but once exposed to oxygen, it turns red. That was exposed yesterday.... on the sneakers, but Blue & Red does look wonderful together! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom