SMU quit in the second quarter | The Boneyard

SMU quit in the second quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've never seen that. SMU was rolling over and playing dead in the second quarter. They seemed to have every intention to stay in the locker room at halftime.

They threw a second half shut out and danced on UConn's grave taking knees at the one yard line.

It seemed impossible that an 0-11 team down two touchdowns on the road in miserable weather could turn one fumble into a bloodbath.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Halftime adjustments? I know we never make any.

Reaction Score
Well the drive immediately after Arkeel's fumble, Diaco ran three times and punted. Nothing tells your team you don't believe in them like that no vote of confidence. I knew we were cooked right there.

Diaco showed these kids he had no faith in their ability to play football all year. All that talk about brotherhood and believing means jack if the coach isn't walking the walk.

Reaction Score
I am still trying to figure out just how the we lost this game up by 2 TD's at halftime.

Reaction Score
SMU made defensive adjustments in the second half half: they played guys with clean, white uniforms. Who has a clean white uniform on a rainy day on a grass field in the second half? Guys who didn't play own the first half. If we can't score on them.....

Seemed like Stewat was the spy on the SMU quarterback in the fist half, and he got some good hits on him. That was abandoned in the second half.

Will be at signing day on February 4, Spring game and in section 223 when we kick off against Villanova. At least my Saturday night dinners will be better for the next eight months.

Reaction Score
sadly in a game of two bad teams, someone has to win.

SMU hasn't been competitive. They were down 2 scores with a lame duck staff on the sideline.

It's almost impossible to lose that game. It's hard work.

Reaction Score
SMU quit in the second quarter and UConn quit in the 3rd and 4th. You can't win if you continually give the ball away. This team finds ways to cough up the rock.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
After Max's Td I thought it over.
After Arkel's fumble I was queezy.
We had them down and let them up.

Reaction Score
Newsome is becoming absolete. Can't be trusted with the ball. Team had all the wind sucked out of them when he coughed up the ball...AGAIN. Game change after the turnover and then the SMU touchdown.

Reaction Score
Halftime adjustments? I know we never make any.

We did make adjustments, just so we woudn't run up the score. This was the first game where I actually thought that overthrowing receivers by 10 yards was actually a designed play.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
I've never seen that. SMU was rolling over and playing dead in the second quarter. They seemed to have every intention to stay in the locker room at halftime.

They threw a second half shut out and danced on UConn's grave taking knees at the one yard line.

It seemed impossible that an 0-11 team down two touchdowns on the road in miserable weather could turn one fumble into a bloodbath.

It actually was two fumbles on the same play. Our little Class S player is in way over his head

Reaction Score
Perfect Hair said:
It actually was two fumbles on the same play. Our little Class S player is in way over his head

He's just fumbling because nobody could touch him in high school. Didn't matter who Ansonia played, he ran all over LL teams too. They took no prisoners. He just needs to be taught technique ASAP. He's a natural star if he learns how to hang on to the ball.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Really? What LL teams did he play?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Five turnovers just killed UCONN and gave life to a team that had none at halftime.

Onto 2015

Reaction Score
He's just fumbling because nobody could touch him in high school. Didn't matter who Ansonia played, he ran all over LL teams too. They took no prisoners. He just needs to be taught technique ASAP. He's a natural star if he learns how to hang on to the ball.
He's DJ Shoemate all over again.

Reaction Score
Newsome is becoming absolete. Can't be trusted with the ball. Team had all the wind sucked out of them when he coughed up the ball...AGAIN. Game change after the turnover and then the SMU touchdown.

Diaco must've seen SMU pouting on their sideline and told Newsome to fumble the kickoff. The rest was downhill from there. SMU gets the sympathy-victory from a notoriously empathetic football coach in Bob Diaco.

...I might be trolling a little too hard on this one. Apologies in advance.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Diaco must've seen SMU pouting on their sideline and told Newsome to fumble the kickoff. The rest was downhill from there. SMU gets the sympathy-victory from a notoriously empathetic football coach in Bob Diaco.

...I might be trolling a little too hard on this one. Apologies in advance.
Yes, the fumbles are all on the HC, nothing to do with the players (who I am very confident had been told from Pop Warner days that they need to cover the fumble and stay down, not try to pick it up and run as that will only give the opponents a better chance at recovery).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom