SMU Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

SMU Game Thread

Reaction Score
Now they are saying Player of the Game is KLS. What happened to Collier and Gabulous??

Reaction Score
I'm content. Actually I am ecstatic. Except for the mental lapses on the offensive side of the ball in the second quarter (I know these kids are good but to quote a line from Top Gun "You're writing checks your body can't cash.") when they were trying to pull off some Harlem Globetrotters type stuff with the passing, I think they played as well at they did against SFU. And yes, the basket did seem to have a lid on it for awhile, but they kept working through it.

SMU has good size and some decent players.

Reaction Score
Okay, wanted to show my true stripes. I wear my loyalties on my sleeve ...well, on my phone home screen. I switch back and forth between the two depending on my color mood. :cool:

JavaMan_screens.jpg

Reaction Score
Players of the Game: Collier and Gabby!!!!!
Have to disagree. In the 2nd qtr when everything was falling apart and not a shot would go in Katie Lou took the team and the game on her shoulders and carried them. Yes we would have won anyhow, but it would have looked a lot worse.

Reaction Score
The picture posted by MoJetts dad was that Chloe Chapman??? Is UCONN recruiting her ?

Reaction Score
I think that was Chloe Pavlech who is a graduate assistant and former University of Maryland point guard.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Sorry for the delay i got caught up in the hoopla
Final baskets in the paint
UCONN 20 (6-4-5-5)
Smu 10 (1-3-5-1).

Also got 2 hugs from my favorite player. :cool::p:D

Reaction Score
I like this segment on the Geno Show about Z and Touly. Geno says he's more excited about them next year than the four incoming recruits.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see another shot just like this but with their "mean" game faces on. What? Whats that? Oh, this IS that picture!
I think UConn players with a mean face went extinct with our nice fluffy husky logo so I guess the meanness is in our new meaner looking dog logo.

Reaction Score
Congrats on the win and the record Husky fans! What an impressive accomplishment!
Greetings from Dallas and SMU. A few added thoughts:
1. 1st Q the most dominating I have ever seen in basketball. UConn blocked first 6 shots and was up about 16-0 after about 2 minutes. Through most of 1st Q, looked like UConn would shut them out.
2. Kudos to SMU who came back and outscored Huskies in Q2 and throughout much of game until last 7-8 minutes. At one point, cut 30 point lead to 15.
3. Lou scored 20 points in 1st half and it was not one of her better efforts. Missed most of her 3 pointers but at end of half drove and scored a number of 10 footers.
4. Molly seems afraid to shoot open 3s. Often SMU played off her, allowing 5 on the other 4 Huskies.
5. SMU-nice gym, upscale area, seems like good new coach. With all the talent in TX, you can forecast a positive future for SMU womens basketball.
6. Love having a local game I can attend, but question UConn participating in league with Dallas games. No real synergy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'd like to see another shot just like this but with their "mean" game faces on. What? Whats that? Oh, this IS that picture!
Geno does say that they are nice, likable kids.

Reaction Score
Funny you say this. I was at game and did not see Lou smile once during the warm ups or during the game at all until taken out in 4th. Normally she is joking in pregame or on bench. Sick or game face?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom