Smart inbound play by Baylor | The Boneyard

Smart inbound play by Baylor

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I can't help but think a bunch of other coaches went straight to their rulebook to see if that was actually legal.

Reaction Score
I can't help but think a bunch of other coaches went straight to their rulebook to see if that was actually legal.

Not only is it legal but they could have passed it to any one of the players while they were still out of bounds.

Reaction Score
Not only is it legal but they could have passed it to any one of the players while they were still out of bounds.
And if Texas Tech reaches over the end line when they're passing, I believe it's a technical foul.

Reaction Score
And if Texas Tech reaches over the end line when they're passing, I believe it's a technical foul.

Reaching over is a warning. If you hit the bAll or inbounder it's a T. No one ever calls it though

Reaction Score
“Pick play” terminology comes from basketball but becomes a football play, then the football play becomes a basketball play. It’s like eating breakfast for dinner. Good find, Austin. This is interesting.

Reaction Score
Reaching over is a warning. If you hit the bAll or inbounder it's a T. No one ever calls it though

Not sure about NCAA rules, but for high school rules, contact with the thrower-in would be an intentional foul; contact with the ball out of bounds is a technical. No warnings given for either of those, but you are right about a warning being issued for reaching over. Second time it happens a technical foul should be called.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom