Small-brained Philly writer at it again with bad bad UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Small-brained Philly writer at it again with bad bad UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Lazy journalism as in investigate before you form an opinion and small minded as in (bias or prejudice) as in forming an opinion without considering facts or even other people feelings are valid criticism of John attitude towards WCBB IMO.
Hack –as when a journalist or professional person twist a set a facts with the intent of causing harm & small brained- as in lacking the mental ability to comprehend, articulate or reason are not valid criticism of John attitude towards WCBB IMO.
Was this “even being from Philly can't excuse how lame this guy is” a slam at Philly, people from Philly or John?
Can't begin to grok the above, but if seemingly attacking a writer's small-minded and anti-WCBB twistings of reasons to print diatribes about the sport are not valid criticisms of his attitudes towards the women, then I would concede that he is in the clear by that logic.

As to Philly lameness, I would start with the 76ers, then the Phillies, then go to the Flyers, and definitely leave the Eagles for the end. Others may have different opinions and\or order.

Reaction Score
Brotherly love is not universal love. If the basis of John's love was the coach being from Philly then John could love ND or South Carolina or UCONN. Dawn, Geno & Muffet are all from philly. I think he distains all WCBB not just UCONN. That doesn't make him "small brained or a hack" IMO.
Wow must be in the water, Philly is a coach breeding ground. Maybe some of his disdain is envy over how much these people make coaching a girls sport which is way more than a writer.
We have a columnist here that for a period of time he could not do a column without mentioning the coaches salary. :)

HGN

Reaction Score
John has little else to do this time of year because the Eagles are in the off season. Don't get it twisted, we booed that Santa because he was a horrible Santa not because we were in a bad mood.
CoCo , come on............Aren't all Santa's suppose to be jolly old fat men? Especially those that's been eating Philly Cheesesteaks all day. Maybe the fans thought he was horrible , but he might have been just constipated that day.... ..Only kidding.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It would have been more interesting if he brainstormed why the other's haven't caught up instead of just whining.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As to Philly lameness, I would start with the 76ers, then the Phillies, then go to the Flyers, and definitely leave the Eagles for the end. Others may have different opinions and\or order.
For the sports that I care the most about and this board is mainly supposed to be about I like to mention that having 4 of the 8 coaches in the FF (WCBB &MCBB) from Philly would more than make up for any lameness of the professional teams that call Philly home.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
CoCo , come on..Aren't all Santa's suppose to be jolly old fat men? Especially those that's been eating Philly Cheesesteaks all day. Maybe the fans thought he was horrible , but he might have been just constipated that day.... ..Only kidding.
There were unconfirmed reports that this Santa was drunk- It was Christmas Eve after all!

Reaction Score
The problem is, we live in a country where greatness in certain arenas is frowned upon, while mediocrity is celebrated and in some cases, longed for by fools.

Women's collegiate basketball and segments of "pop culture" immeadiately come to mind.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
There were unconfirmed reports that this Santa was drunk- It was Christmas Eve after all!
Okay, so you're in Philly on Christmas Eve and you suddenly remember you're going to be up all night going all over the place in a cramped vehicle powered by an uncertain type of power source and having to rely on the shine off of a nose so you can see your way, and your payment for it all is some warm milk and stale cookies. Wouldn't you get totally plastered?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Interesting you should only mention the above news media - What about ABC's Brian "I was there" Williams, NBC's, manipulation of sound bites and scientific testing for their own agenda, etc.. Perhaps you have an agenda also ?

Yes. I do. So? The difference is that we're having a conversation here. I am no longer a professional journalist nor an instructor of the same. In a conversation, it is (or should be) understood that all parties communicate from their own values, experiences, and beliefs. And, if you check my OP, I said "...and others." You chose to identify those you view as the others. I respect and accept this as being reflective of your beliefs and values.

Reaction Score
upload_2015-3-31_18-57-51.jpeg
With all due respect to "Johnny Smalls" Smallwood, stick to something you know about, dude- Pat's or Geno's.

Reaction Score
Sent this to him this evening:

In your article you raise an important point as to why other teams have not caught up with Connecticut. Yet, your only answer is to lower the number of scholarships. What you have not addressed is how Coach Auriemma is able to get his 13 players (two are walk-ons), 8 person rotation, perform at such a consistently dominant level, work together so cohesively? How has he done this year after year, with different players?
He lost two major starters from last year and yet has had an incredible run so far this year. How does he get great players to play within his team concept. Aren't these questions relevant to you?
What about addressing the quality of his staff, his practice approach?
Surely, women's NCAA D1basketball has other great players, other great coaches, but they have not yet been able to form the cohesivenessthat UConn embodies. I'm attaching two photos of UConn players -one from two years ago and one from this year. There is a good deal to be learned from them.

Attachments

• hc-uconn-wnba-pg-20130201-016.jpeg
    hc-uconn-wnba-pg-20130201-016.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 30
  • UCONN2-articleLarge.jpg
    UCONN2-articleLarge.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online