Sloppy game | The Boneyard

Sloppy game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
St joes played out of their minds this game. We didn't deserve to win but oh well.

On to the next one

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
St joes played out of their minds this game. We didn't deserve to win but oh well.
Yes we absolutely did. We didn't get rattled when they made ridiculous shots, didn't get rattled when we fell back by double digits, didn't get rattled when Shabazz couldn't get a look.

Martelli is a hell of an in-game coach - one of the best in the nation. And Ollie hung with him step for step.

We had every chance to fold and didn't. We absolutely deserved this win.

Now give us some 'Nova. Then the Sixers. Philly is our town.

Reaction Score
Are you insane?

SURVIVE AND ADVANCE.
Maybe I underestimated st joes didn't think we should have been down for the majority of the game. But lucky people stepped up when bazz was struggling. Brimah stepped up big time with the and one and the free throws all game looking like ray allen at the line :p

Reaction Score
I love how someone sitting on the couch can say kids who gutted their way through 45 minutes for a great win didn't deserve to win. YOU didn't deserve sh t, but the kids who wore those jerseys tonight certainly did.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I love how someone sitting on the couch can say kids who gutted their way through 45 minutes for a great win didn't deserve to win. YOU didn't deserve sh t, but the kids who wore those jerseys tonight certainly did.

Came back from 10 in the first, and then 9 or so in the second. Showed great testiculos. UConn sort of win.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What? We sure as hell deserved to win.

Interesting thing about message boards, I realized people see the world so much differently than myself. Original OP never would have occurred to me.

Reaction Score
Yea this post kinda came out wrong. What i was trying to say was that i know we didnt play the best that we could play. Not trying to take anything away from the boys a wins a win

Reaction Score
I don't even understand how the OP saw a sloppy game. The defense was certainly shaky with how unorthodox their offense is with having to deal with the Euro, but I thought the team ran some good stuff on offense tonight.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don't even understand how the OP saw a sloppy game. The defense was certainly shaky with how unorthodox their offense is with having to deal with the Euro, but I thought the team ran some good stuff on offense tonight.

And let's face it, they could not miss in the first half. They buried some very contested shots (to their credit they nailed the wide open ones too).

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
St. Joe's didn't play out of their minds, they shot out of their minds, especially in the first half. That stuff usually evens out, and it did.
It was them hitting every free throw early that was killing me.

Reaction Score

On to the next one
I agree there were times that we looked as if we weren't worthy of winning but I saw other times where we played great ball on both ends of the court. We seem to play a little bit like Florida, playing a lot of close games where they've struggled and strained but somehow come out with a closer than expected victory. We got some really nice contributions from the front court and I hope that suggests that our offense has woken up and we can expect them to contribute moving on. This team really has a lot of heart (which they showed tonight) and I hope that continues to win the day for them. By the way, I'm not saying UConn is as good as Florida but just that a good portion of their games were closer than you would think but they do manage to do what they have to do win (mostly).

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UConn was NOT sloppy. If the O plays like this every night I will be very happy.

I don't think they were sloppy. I think they were stupid at times. It was obvious they needed for force the issue in the paint more and get the Slav in trouble early. And we gave up position on a number of rebounds. IMO, they didn't really start playing like they're capable until the second time SJ got a 10 pt lead.

Bazz only getting to the line twice in regulation can't happen against better competition.

That said, I'd love to learn about Martinelli's conditioning program. Five kids playing 35+ minutes every night all season. And they didn't lose their legs. Scary to think how good they could be if they had any bench at all.

Reaction Score
survive and advance, thats the bottom line and yes this team deserved to win. This team is sloppy but they sure are gritty, christ we just won a tournament game were allowed to be happy, its been awhile enjoy it for a night.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
that threepointer by euro royce white. wow i almost lost my mind
Joe D. in the post game said in the first half they started thinking Iowa State. Glad it never got to that.
Though if it'd been Iowa State then euro Royce would've dunked on our whole team on the first play of the game. Was so glad to see him foul out.

Reaction Score
The offense was pretty good. I hope Bazz plays better, but the role players stepped up, and Boatright was very much under control.

Defense was a problem in the first, but much better in the second.

I'm surprised there wasn't much complaining about the refs. I thought they were heavily favoring St. Joe's. Before OT wasn't it something ridiculous like 20 free throws to 4. (And we got fouled plenty, going to the basket.)

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Sloppy game? Wtf were you watching? If UConn hadn't done well to limit their turnovers and take care of the ball, we would have gotten blown out. We didn't rotate as well on defense as we could have, but this was NOT a sloppy game.

Reaction Score
We sure did deserve to win even without playing well. St. Joes deserved to win too. Great effort! The 2 teams that played slop-ball were ND St. and Oklahoma! Looked like a rec league game and boy was I wrong about the Sooners! Athletic but rarely on the same page.

Reaction Score
I don't think they were sloppy. I think they were stupid at times. It was obvious they needed for force the issue in the paint more and get the Slav in trouble early. And we gave up position on a number of rebounds. IMO, they didn't really start playing like they're capable until the second time SJ got a 10 pt lead.

Bazz only getting to the line twice in regulation can't happen against better competition.

That said, I'd love to learn about Martinelli's conditioning program. Five kids playing 35+ minutes every night all season. And they didn't lose their legs. Scary to think how good they could be if they had any bench at all.

I agree that sloppy is not the right word. I would say frustrating (at times) because the team couldn't shake St Joes. I was hoping for a big run to come at some point, never happened. Both teams played well, and the Huskies found a way to win. As others have said: survive and advance.

I also agree regarding St Joe's conditioning. They won the A-10 tourney by winning 3 games in 3 days, amazing that their guys weren't exhausted in the A-10 final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom