OT: - Slightly OT: Kalkbrenner kinda stinks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Slightly OT: Kalkbrenner kinda stinks

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the calendar said 2010 or 2030, Kalk and Edey would be locks for the lottery. Unfortunately for them, this is the one time in history where NBA GMs’ misunderstanding of scoring probability results in them dramatically undervaluing centers, as the Celtics acquisition of Porzingis for Smart showed. I expect that to change in the next few years.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
19 pts, 14 rebounds, 2 steals, 5 blocks.

IMG_4154.jpeg

Reaction Score
The kid is good.
Some may think that Dante dominated him last night with his impressive stat line but Alexander’s horrible defense made Kalk slide over to defend Couisnard on multiple occasions leaving Dante in position to get offensive rebounds and put backs.

Most teams would want him as their starting center. He’s 7’-1”, plays 30-35 minutes a game, defensive standout who stays out of foul trouble and puts up a 17/7 stat line. He’s also improved his game year to year.
He can also come back next year for a fifth year and be more of a focal point with Scheierman and Alexander leaving.

Reaction Score
If the calendar said 2010 or 2030, Kalk and Edey would be locks for the lottery. Unfortunately for them, this is the one time in history where NBA GMs’ misunderstanding of scoring probability results in them dramatically undervaluing centers, as the Celtics acquisition of Porzingis for Smart showed. I expect that to change in the next few years.
Oh god, not this again…

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Everyone here goes “that’s such a stupid take! He’s a decent big with limitations!”

Oh…that was my exact point. I guess it wasn’t such a hot take if you agree.

He’s solid, he’s not that good, and the posters who commented how he plays like he’s on a sedative are spot on.

I said in the original post and others, he’s good he’s just not THAT good.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He’s a roll man, lob threat, rim protector. He knows what he is and excels in that role

Watching him try to do post moves is physically painful, and I’ve noticed he gets beat up by stronger Cs even if they’re smaller (Sanogo, Dixon, Dante)…but he knows his role. And he does it well

So…he’s solid but overrated?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

You were impressed by a 3x DPOY getting abused by Dante all night and making zero effort to be an offensive factor until he took a wide open 3 in overtime?

I thought you knew ball, my bad!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My guess - Edey on top; Kalk on the bottom.

Reaction Score
My guess - Edey on top; Kalk on the bottom.
Edey is averaging way more than 17. I’m guessing Dante on top. Struggling to think of another big that had that big of an improvement and would be around that scoring level.

Reaction Score
The kid is good.
Some may think that Dante dominated him last night with his impressive stat line but Alexander’s horrible defense made Kalk slide over to defend Couisnard on multiple occasions leaving Dante in position to get offensive rebounds and put backs.

Most teams would want him as their starting center. He’s 7’-1”, plays 30-35 minutes a game, defensive standout who stays out of foul trouble and puts up a 17/7 stat line. He’s also improved his game year to year.
He can also come back next year for a fifth year and be more of a focal point with Scheierman and Alexander leaving.
Last night looked like Alexander already left. Never saw a kid look as scared as he played. Really sad because he is so much better. Hope he cures that cranial rectal inversion situation!!

Reaction Score
So…he’s solid but overrated?
I don’t think so. He’s BE DPOY and 2nd team all conference. That’s feels right. If he was on the AP All American teams then I think he’d be overrated. But a guy that averages 17/7 on 60+ % shooting. 3 blocks a game while anchoring a really good defensive team..that’s a great player to me

His man popped off yesterday (bc he struggles against bruisers), but he had 19/14/5 himself

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's a top player on a really good team.

Reaction Score
I'm confident Clingan respects Kalk and certainly doesn't think he's overrated.

Reaction Score
Can't believe they didn't call a T on Dante late in the game when he scored, did the shimmy, and then was barking at Krankmeyer
as they walked away from the lane.
Worse than what Cam did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom