OT: - Slightly OT: Kalkbrenner kinda stinks | The Boneyard

OT: Slightly OT: Kalkbrenner kinda stinks

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This guy is not only severely overrated, he’s just kinda there.

He gets some blocks in help D and he has some skill, he’s not BAD of course, he’s just never ever ever been impressive.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
They ran nothing for him down low. Creighton was junk on offense tonight, with seemingly no plan. Oregon is like 70th on D. This should have been a pounding.

Reaction Score
They ran nothing for him down low. Creighton was junk on offense tonight, with seemingly no plan. Oregon is like 70th on D. This should have been a pounding.
He’s not really a guy you’re going to be feeding the ball to in the post, especially against the size of Dante. He’s great out of the PnR but he has his offensive limitations.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I saw a guy go ball screen as a 7’2 weapon and absolutely never make himself available, never gets big or physical and is pretty soft.

On help D, he’s an EXCELLENT shot blocker but a physical guy like Dante was kinda manhandling him.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
He’s not really a guy you’re going to be feeding the ball to in the post, especially against the size of Dante. He’s great out of the PnR but he has his offensive limitations.
Oregon had 7 fouls for a large portion of the second half. Creighton didn't drive or pound it down low. It was really poor offense led by a brutal Trey Alexander. You are saying to not give a second team player all big east touches? Oregon with no depth at all and one of the two guys that is carrying them doesn't need to play defense?

It reminds me of that one game in '22 (back when Hurley was still mediocre) we had a freshman Sanogo that was looking like he was going to breakout but we didn't feed him the ball in the last 11 minutes and ended up losing. It might have even been vs. Creighton.

There's no way you can say they used him right tonight.

caw

Reaction Score
Oregon had 7 fouls for a large portion of the second half. Creighton didn't drive or pound it down low. It was really poor offense led by a brutal Trey Alexander. You are saying to not give a second team player all big east touches? Oregon with no depth at all and one of the two guys that is carrying them doesn't need to play defense?

It reminds me of that one game in '22 (back when Hurley was still mediocre) we had a freshman Sanogo that was looking like he was going to breakout but we didn't feed him the ball in the last 11 minutes and ended up losing. It might have even been vs. Creighton.

There's no way you can say they used him right tonight.

And yet they got mostly open threes all night for their good shooters (pretty much all of them). They just missed a ton, even at the rim.

Reaction Score
He definitely made some big plays. But watching him actually play, every play, he’s not a great big.

I’ll take the crow though, I needed them to win and I clearly woke him up, Dante was eating him up.
Can't believe they didn't call a T on Dante late in the game when he scored, did the shimmy, and then was barking at Krankmeyer
as they walked away from the lane.

Reaction Score
Really? This is your big take? 19 pts, 14 rebounds, 5 blocks, 49 minutes. Yes, he looks sleepy a lot of the time and he occasionally lets people score to avoid foul trouble. Has Clingan played a single game with that half that many minutes? He might take a cue from Kalk and stay on his feet instead of going for every pump fake.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This guy is not only severely overrated, he’s just kinda there.

He gets some blocks in help D and he has some skill, he’s not BAD of course, he’s just never ever ever been impressive.
Oof :)

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
he reminds me of a smaller Edey, not to fast, good positional[y, finishes well around the rim. Kalk has more range on his shot but takes up less space, As with both it's their size not athleticism that makes them effective & they are.

Reaction Score
He’s a roll man, lob threat, rim protector. He knows what he is and excels in that role

Watching him try to do post moves is physically painful, and I’ve noticed he gets beat up by stronger Cs even if they’re smaller (Sanogo, Dixon, Dante)…but he knows his role. And he does it well

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom