slightly [off topic] Shea picks up top 70 recruit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

slightly [off topic] Shea picks up top 70 recruit

Reaction Score
Not sure how user friendly the portal will be to 3rd or 4th year players with a victory legacy of approximately 33%.
Grass ain’t always greener.
Record wouldnt be important to me. Even Breanna Stewart would lose a bunch of games with 4 bad teammates and a ineffective coach like S White.

And if you drop far enough in schools you can always find a team that’ll want you.

Reaction Score
And if you drop far enough in schools you can always find a team that’ll want you.

Find the school that needs you. At the lower level that is.

Reaction Score
Debateable. Shea inherited a disaster in a brutal conference. >2 wins would be success.
Hmmm! Would be interesting to see how playing in a weak conference would help you develop your program from a relatively lousy position. Would a bunch of wins against soft competition be better than having to absorb a lot of lopsided beat-downs?
But, how much would one thrilling victory against a nationally ranked conference rival work to inspire the current players and help recruitment?
When UCONN switched back to the Big East I kept hearing that the HC's from DePaul, Marquette, Seton Hall, St.Johns, etc. welcomed the opportunity to compete against such a successful, high profile program. "We want to see what it takes for us to become what we want to be".
Although, I didn't recall hearing anybody from USF, Tulane, Houston, or Wichita State mourning UCONN's departure from the AAC.
Anyhow, can only wish Shea and her crew at Vandy the best of luck and look forward to their first big upset in a real minefield of a conference.
Until they come to Stoors, that is. Then, all bets are off.

Reaction Score
Record wouldnt be important to me. Even Breanna Stewart would lose a bunch of games with 4 bad teammates and a ineffective coach like S White.

Stewie was just so great when she was a junior and senior , I think she could have picked Penn st and still would have won at least one national championship.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Winning has very little to do with it.
The chance that 13 kids are going to mesh with a coach that didn't recruit them, and that a coach is going to love 13 players she didnt recruit, is very very low.
Disagree. It reminds me of the notion "it doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you had fun" which overlooks the fact is winning is fun and losing is not. You will find athletes are typically happier in winning program than a losing one. It's not the only factor, but it is a significant one.

Reaction Score
I am just wishing Shea the best. Coach to the style that matches her personality, coaching philosophy, and whatever she has learned over the years. One thing that I have learned from watching Gonzaga women's basketball over the years (14 and counting), where they do not get 4 and 5 star recruits, is develop the talent you have and the wins will come. Be true to yourself. Coach Lisa Fortier has a solid program in place. Coach Shea will do the same if she just coaches her team her way. Plus Vandy, their AD, and their fanbase have realistic expectations. They know that it is going to take some awhile to turn around that program.

Reaction Score
Disagree. It reminds me of the notion "it doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you had fun" which overlooks the fact is winning is fun and losing is not. You will find athletes are typically happier in winning program than a losing one. It's not the only factor, but it is a significant one.
Yeah you’re right. UConn has had an incredible win percentage which is why it has had no transfers.

oh wait.

Not all of the 12 underclassmen will be at Vandy next year. I can’t believe anyone really wants to argue that point.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah you’re right. UConn has had an incredible win percentage which is why it has had no transfers.

oh wait.

Not all of the 12 underclassmen will be at Vandy next year. I can’t believe anyone really wants to argue that point.
Lol, two strawman arguments in a single post? Impressive!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom