Slight ot: UConn Trustees Approve $4.75 Million Design For 3 New Stadiums | The Boneyard

Slight ot: UConn Trustees Approve $4.75 Million Design For 3 New Stadiums

Reaction Score
Will taxpayers be on the hook for any of this?

>>The project is to be funded by $25 million raised from private donors by the UConn Foundation, with the balance covered by a surcharge on athletic tickets. Those surcharges range from $1 to $5 per ticket, with a $5 surcharge on football tickets, a $2 surcharge on hockey and basketball, and a $1 surcharge on women's/men [sic] soccer.<<

No surcharge on student tickets.

Reaction Score
Wow looks great! Good idea for hockey but hope they have several in Hartford or bpt. I like the designs and locations a lot. Wish the soccer field would be played on grass and not turf though
I think that might have been a mistake. I've seen at least one piece of official UConn literature with the competition soccer field being grass, I believe only the practice field is supposed to be turf.

Reaction Score
That hockey stadium is poor. That program is on the rise and to stick them in Freitas with a few extra seats is disrespectful

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That hockey stadium is poor. That program is on the rise and to stick them in Freitas with a few extra seats is disrespectful
As talked about above somewhere, it makes little sense given the the fact that after expansion we'd still be below what we agree to with HE, and because Freitas is an aging facility with a limited life. The proposed cost of the limited expansion is pretty close to the cost of a new facility. I doubt it will be pursued. Again, there are more details above in this thread. (I think, it may be a different one.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom