Skulls full of mush | The Boneyard

Skulls full of mush

Reaction Score
Folks, related to an old movie, and (a very old) TV series, I'm reminded of John Housman (The Paper Chase) speaking to some new law students about "young skulls full of mush." It occurs to me that Geno has much of that same problem, beginning in August every year. It ain't easy, what he's doing -- teaching kids to REALLY play.

They come in with good skills (or he wouldn't recruit them), and good mentality about "team sports." But there's a lot to learn, and he's been good at it for 34 (going on 35) years. A HELL of a coach!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Quit talking about me.

"If I see less far than others, it's because giants stand on my shoulders." -- I dunno if the guy I heard it from was the original, but I loved it when I heard it

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Here, here!

031C46CE-6BBF-45C7-AFCC-96C5836EF9B0.jpeg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Got me wondering if Geno has ever told a player something like, “Here’s a dime. Take it, call your mother, and tell her there is serious doubt whether you will ever become a college basketball player.”

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Quit talking about me.

"If I see less far than others, it's because giants stand on my shoulders." -- I dunno if the guy I heard it from was the original, but I loved it when I heard it
Was the guy Issac Newton,@Bigboote? He generally gets authorship rights to that aphorism. To be perfectly clear, his observation was actually opposite, so as Ms Litella said, nevermind.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Was the guy Issac Newton,@Bigboote? He generally gets authorship rights to that aphorism. To be perfectly clear, his observation was actually opposite, so as Ms Litella said, nevermind.
Yes, the converse of what Newton said. Similar to Eno’s song, “Needle in the Camel’s Eye.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom