skiblets frustrated but having fun posting on the boneyard | The Boneyard

skiblets frustrated but having fun posting on the boneyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
or should I say very frustrated but having fun. it's fun to come here every day and try to remain productive at work but I am frustrated at my lack of productivity but at least I'm having fun.

Said no one ever

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
When is Warde going to get the balls to fire Skiblets??? When is the Horde going to get the balls to ask Skiblets who's calling the shots at work?!? ;)

Reaction Score
or should I say very frustrated but having fun. it's fun to come here every day and try to remain productive at work but I am frustrated at my lack of productivity but at least I'm having fun.

Said no one ever

Post of the year. I just want to save it for later, put it in the microwave and have it's whenever I want.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This may well be the best tailgate year ever.

Of more importance, if it weren't for this board (as a place to vent and to find evidence that I am not alone in my feelings towards P) I would not have any sanity at this point.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Said no one ever

Now it's come to this....PP has the fanbase in such disarray that Skiblets is talking in the third person...

"Skiblets is getting angry!!!"

Reaction Score
The Paul Pasqualoni experiment at UCONN has been incredibly disappointing to say the least. Hindsight is always 20/20, but there was plenty of reason to think that this guy, would be able to instill a level of intensity and building to the UCONN program, to continue what had been built in the past. Unfortunately, if you read the national press, about this game coming up with Michigan, the perception of what UCONN football is nationally has not changed one little bit, and a good argument exists that we have fallen quite a bit back, from our heights in 2009 and 2010.

In 2009, we destroyed a Steve Spurrier South Carolina team tothe point where the old ball coach was apologizing to the fans of the program openly in the media. They had grossly underestimated UCONN. We beat the historic Notre Dame program on the road, but.....Notre Dame was the weakest they'd been in a long time, as evidenced by losing to UCONN. We went to the Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma.....and we didn't deserve it, and we had no fans there........

That's the national perception of this program, and the past two seasons and the start of this one, haven't changed a thing. We lost to Towson, and we've never sold out our stadium before this Michigan game, if you read news from around the country.

I don't see the coachign staff being able to get this team as emotionally, mentally assignment focused, and energetically prepared as they need to be to win this game.

We need to play with the chip on our shoulders, that we had for years before, and these players need to get up there themselves. I hope they find a way.

If by some chance a player were to read this, I hope they get the message. THere will be 40,000 UCONN fans in the stadium, and we will be cheering like hell, for the school from little old Connecticut to win.

THe little engine that could. If it's what we are, it's what we are. Get over the hill.

Reaction Score
I'm sure my wife wishes she could get that one or two times back that I blew it too early, but I'm having fun.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Said no one ever

Actually there are lots of workers who say and believe this.

What doesn't exist are a whole bunch of managers who hear their employees say that publicly and don't do anything about it. Especially when the boss's (Maunuel) boss (Herbst) hears them publicly at the same time.

Reaction Score
The nice thing is that I have complete autonomy to post what I want. I do take input from other posters to better inform my posting and help me to post the most insightful posts possible. Of course Tom, Fishy and Nan do reserve the right to edit or delete my posts as they are the top dogs here. But yes, I have complete control over the content of my posts

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
It is quite evident TJ is not calling his own plays.
If you do not see at least 5 carries from someone other than McCombs it will confirm it.
If he denies P is overriding him than his play calling sux too, and he should not be given any consideration for the interim HC job once P is sh&tcanned after UM game.

Reaction Score
I found it! I love you tube.

You ever see that scene in "Scanners" when the dude's head blows up? I'm having a good time.........not.

Reaction Score
When is Warde going to get the balls to fire Skiblets??? When is the Horde going to get the balls to ask Skiblets who's calling the shots at work?!? ;)

My boss is telling me that he's monitoring the situation and will not evaluate my performance until the end of my postings. I grew up in CT, have driven down Rt 10 in Cheshire many times and once stopped in Syracuse at the Dinosaur BBQ so the Horde knows that I am a gentleman, a CT guy and a guy who has forgotten more about posting than most of you yahoos will ever know....so they know any issues with my postings are really due to a lack of bandwidth

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Look, I think we're all frustrated but we're writing hard. We're writing rough drafts and going through archives to see where we could have written something better. I think every Boneyarder spent alot of time going over last week's posts. It's really about fundamentals though. Spelling. Punctuation. Syntax. Prose. I mean look at last week against Maryland. If Dooley had used "they're" instead of "their" when posting about what a few drunk Maryland fans are, we probably would have had 1,000 more posts on the Yard.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Look, I think we're all frustrated but we're writing hard. We're writing rough drafts and going through archives to see where we could have written something better. I think every Boneyarder spent alot of time going over last week's posts. It's really about fundamentals though. Spelling. Punctuation. Syntax. Prose. I mean look at last week against Maryland. If Dooley had used "they're" instead of "their" when posting about what a few drunk Maryland fans are, we probably would have had 1,000 more posts on the Yard.

I've switched to "zone writing", so it will take me a couple of years to get the hang of it... :confused:

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score

Said no one ever
What's really disappointing is we were told Cheshire native Skiblets with his New England connections would be a great recruiter of 4 & 5 Star posters to the Bone-Yard, and due to his Syracuse days and connections would be best buddies with the CT Limerick coaches which would Guarantee us keeping the best in-state posters in the Bone-Yard, so we could compete with the Big boys like the USC's & Notre Dame's of the bulletin boards from the top conferences! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom