Sitting All our Bigs-In My Opinion was.... | The Boneyard

Sitting All our Bigs-In My Opinion was....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
The master's strategy before the game started. I just think it was/his way to really tick them off and light a huge fire for not only our biggest test of the season, but the first and toughest game game of the year. Specifically, he knows for the first time, we are meeting the only team that really matches up with us physically inside/underneath. I wouldn't even be shocked if the three of them, or maybe Morgan & Stewie came off the bench at the first break in the action. Not positive about the 2nd gut feeling, but no one will convince me otherwise of my first thought! Go Huskies!!!! Getting there early for Big Game Monday!!! :)

Reaction Score
The bottom line is that if they had started well and played well in the previous 2 games then what happened would have never happened. I agree with what he did and a message had to be sent but I don't think for a minute it was done purposely for the SC game.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
The bottom line is that if they had started well and played well in the previous 2 games then what happened would have never happened. I agree with what he did and a message had to be sent but I don't think for a minute it was done purposely for the SC game.
I just have a strong feeling it was-

Reaction Score
I absolutely think he did it for the USC game but I don't think he "planned" to do it before the game. Was probably in the back of his mind as a possibility. Why do I think he did it? Because he has done it before and it worked. In addition the bigs weren't playing that badly to warrant this total game benching.

There is no accident that Kara Wolters would ask this very question on the post game an Meg Culmo would acknowledged she thought Geno has used this tactic before.

It's all just one big coincidence that the number 1 and 2 teams would bench 4 post players leading up to this game? Anyone thinks that then I got a bridge . . .

I do believe if they (the team) were playing great leading up to the game he wouldn't have done it - but he didn't feel they were.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I absolutely think he did it for the USC game but I don't think he "planned" to do it before the game. Was probably in the back of his mind as a possibility. Why do I think he did it? Because he has done it before and it worked. In addition the bigs weren't playing that badly to warrant this total game benching.

There is no accident that Kara Wolters would ask this very question on the post game an Meg Culmo would acknowledged she thought Geno has used this tactic before.

It's all just one big coincidence that the number 1 and 2 teams would bench 4 post players leading up to this game? Anyone thinks that then I got a bridge . . .

I do believe if they (the team) were playing great leading up to the game he wouldn't have done it - but he didn't feel they were.
Maybe he was waiting for a few minute sequence to do what he had hoped to do?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That's true - I forgot SC suspended a player for violating team rules. Apparently both teams have "issues" heading into Monday's game!

Reaction Score
Guys, I know I shouldn't share this, but i think I can help with all this. I just got off the phone with Geno. The conversation went almost verbatim as follows:

BP: "Hey, Geno, 'tsgoin down?"
Geno: "Oh, hey BP, about to head off to practice. 'Tsup?"
BP: "Not too much...just curious about that whole thing yesterday with you sittin' your stars on the bench."
Geno: "(Laughs) Oh, that? Ha! Well, confidentially (sorry Geno), I was trying to send a message to Dawn Staley."
BP: "No kidding? That's interesting. So, what was the message?"
Geno: "I dunno, really, but I'm sure she got it!"
BP: "Well, thanks for clearing that up, coach."
Geno: "No problem....gotta run."
BP: "Seeya, Geno."

Hope this helps...

Reaction Score
Didn't Geno sit all the bigs in the second half once years ago?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It's really quite simple, y'all. As stated, Geno's been unhappy. When the game started, he was still unhappy. He sat Morgan and Stewie and Kiah so they could be unhappy, too. If they don't get this version of the message he's been trying to send, they will sit again.

If you don't believe that, flashback to a Rutgers game many moons ago....

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Bigpetunia said:
Guys, I know I shouldn't share this, but i think I can help with all this. I just got off the phone with Geno. The conversation went almost verbatim as follows:

BP: "Hey, Geno, 'tsgoin down?"
Geno: "Oh, hey BP, about to head off to practice. 'Tsup?"
BP: "Not too much...just curious about that whole thing yesterday with you sittin' your stars on the bench."
Geno: "(Laughs) Oh, that? Ha! Well, confidentially (sorry Geno), I was trying to send a message to Dawn Staley."
BP: "No kidding? That's interesting. So, what was the message?"
Geno: "I dunno, really, but I'm sure she got it!"
BP: "Well, thanks for clearing that up, coach."
Geno: "No problem....gotta run."
BP: "Seeya, Geno."

Hope this helps...

The message to Dawn Staley was, "If you think that the way to beat UConn is to 'get into their bench', think again! "

Reaction Score
I recall Geno pulling his whole starting lineup off the floor, and Stacy Marron taking team leadership against Providence.

Reaction Score
The message to Dawn Staley was, "If you think that the way to beat UConn is to 'get into their bench', think again! "
Bingo! I think he's saying "Watch me bench the three tallest and most talented front line players and still win by 50!."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom