Signing Day Event details | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Signing Day Event details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It always cracks me up when some pompous fancies themselves Supreme Judge of Who Real UConn Fans Are. I live on another continent, so for me season tickets aren't really practical. I support the school in other ways. That "real" enough for ya?

My remarks were not aimed towards those in poverty but people in CT who find other things to do than attend UCONN football games and support the University by purchasing season tickets. Season tickets can be purchased for as low as 126.00 for 7 games or $18.00 per game (a little more than a movie). If you can't afford that then I apologize for hurting your feelings and hope you can improve your station in life.

I also believe that people who are loyal to UCONN by supporting the university should be rewarded for supporting the program. Signing day is a time to get up and personal with the coaches and some of the players. I can't imagine how a
casual fan would get that excited about going to signing day.

Maybe if you didn't go out of your way to insult people by calling them pompous a$$es you would be more prosperous and could afford the $126.00. I have found reading motivational books to be helpful. I might suggest, How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie to you. It can be purchased for $2.27 on Amazon. It could be the best $2.27 you ever spent.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8fria16jm_b

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
My remarks were not aimed towards those in poverty but people in CT who find other things to do than attend UCONN football games and support the University by purchasing season tickets. Season tickets can be purchased for as low as 126.00 for 7 games or $18.00 per game (a little more than a movie). If you can't afford that then I apologize for hurting your feelings and hope you can improve your station in life.

I also believe that people who are loyal to UCONN by supporting the university should be rewarded for supporting the program. Signing day is a time to get up and personal with the coaches and some of the players. I can't imagine how a
casual fan would get that excited about going to signing day.

Maybe if you didn't go out of your way to insult people by calling them pompous a$$es you would be more prosperous and could afford the $126.00. I have found reading motivational books to be helpful. I might suggest, How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie to you. It can be purchased for $2.27 on Amazon. It could be the best $2.27 you ever spent.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=how to win friends and&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=30717576041&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=267465996834502479&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8fria16jm_b

You do realize he didn't say anything about not being able to afford the tickets right??????? He doesn't buy them because he lives in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Reaction Score
I am there....+3. Look forward to this event every year but especially this year!

Reaction Score
My remarks are aimed at anyone who lives in CT, can afford tickets, doesn't bother to go to games and then gets upset that he doesn't get an invite to Signing day. I do realize that there are other ways to support UCONN. If he lives in Rio, the girls are so hot there he shouldn't care about going to signing day anyway.

Reaction Score
My remarks are aimed at anyone who lives in CT, can afford tickets, doesn't bother to go to games and then gets upset that he doesn't get an invite to Signing day. I do realize that there are other ways to support UCONN. If he lives in Rio, the girls are so hot there he shouldn't care about going to signing day anyway.

Dude, put a sock in it already.

Reaction Score
There +1. This will be my first one in the now seven years of season tickets. Looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
So if our tickets are in my friend's name and my friend lives in FL (moved there last year), I can't go to this?? Damn! I might have to join this UCONN Club. I have never been to a Signing Day before but I really wanted to go to this year's.

Dooley, great take...plus munchies.!!!

Reaction Score
Can't speak for the OP but my take was that he was talking about folks in close proximity. I'm in Nevada and am pretty sure he wasn't talking about guys like me and you for whom season tix aren't very useful
Thank you, I was. Obviously an out of towner is not going to buy tickets.

While on the subject of fans, hopefully as we start a fresh, we can get fans to
enter the stadium on time for kick offs and stay until the end of the game.
I am hoping Diaco can also set the tone for a change there. It has been a problem and not just over the last couple of losing seasons.

UCONN football is going to be a Hot ticket in the future. So buy your season tickets now!

Reaction Score
Carl -

The problem with your line of thinking is that while it makes your small group of season ticket holders happy (maybe)...in order to be successful in any business, you need to have sustainable growth. This event would have been a way to potentially get a season ticket holder, which is the growth that you need.

I do agree with you that 99.5% of people who want to go to this, either know a season ticket holder they can go with, or are one themselves...but I do agree with the masses that it seems like a silly cutoff.

Reaction Score
Carl -

The problem with your line of thinking is that while it makes your small group of season ticket holders happy (maybe)...in order to be successful in any business, you need to have sustainable growth. This event would have been a way to potentially get a season ticket holder, which is the growth that you need.

I do agree with you that 99.5% of people who want to go to this, either know a season ticket holder they can go with, or are one themselves...but I do agree with the masses that it seems like a silly cutoff.

Sean and Carl,
Any chance to get people in the door, I would take it.
Would try to accommodate everyone and recognize season ticket holders, UCONN Club (boosters) and alumni at the same time.
PREFERENTIAL event ticketing-
1)open to all season ticket holders and guest. (MUST RSVP by 1/29/14 )
2)open to all UCONN CLUB members and guest. (MUST RSVP by 1/29/14 )
3)open to all servicemen -
4)open to all members of the UCONN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION and guest (must RSVP by 1/29/14). (Anyone can join for peanuts. don't have to be a graduate to join)
{we are all used to getting info anyway so hit 200,000 people-and market the event heavy}

NOW YOU HAVE YOUR RSVP CONFIRMED HEADCOUNT by 1/29/14>>>>>

so for the last 6 days, open to anyone but MUST register prior to attending in order that
- the food head count is right and..... a name and email address is captured for future marketing/sales purposes.

Reaction Score
Last time I counted there were 40,000 seats at the Rent. The place were signing day is held only accommodates about 1000 which is why the current arrangement makes sense . As demand dictates I would think they could move to a bigger venue. The current set up is a means to stimulate interest and also to thank loyal fans. I just can't see casual fans getting excited about signing day.

Reaction Score
Ever think that they are hoping the energy generated by the Diaco hire is going to create demand for this event? So they are using it to their advantage to generate season ticket sales at the same time? I don't believe it is a bad move. You want to be able to attend special events, buy season tickets.

Ding, ding, ding...

UConnHuskies4:02pm via HootSuite
#RiseUp. Order @UConnFootball season tix to receive an exclusive invite to '14 #UConnsigning day on 2/5 at the Rent: ow.ly/sVBT5

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Me +two should be a lot of fun as it is almost ever year

Reaction Score
Dooley said:
So if our tickets are in my friend's name and my friend lives in FL (moved there last year), I can't go to this?? Damn! I might have to join this UCONN Club.
Living 18 hours away on another continent, it's not practical for me to return for the event or to more than a game or two a season. Dooley, shoot me a message and you can use my name and season tickets' access for the event. If you kick your own UCONN Club donation in later to have a bit more skin in the gridiron program, win, win for our Huskies. Go, Fight, Win!

Reaction Score
So they are predicting a snow event for next Wednesday. For as long as I can remember going I don't think they've ever had to move the date.

I know it's 8 days away but a big snow storm will make it a pain and lower the turn out. Be nice if they could move it to Thursday if need be.

Full Disclosure: I'm only in West Hartford (10 minutes normally) but if you know the area, at 4PM getting through Hartford on Rt 84 normally is a bear. Forget it when it snows. :cool:

Reaction Score
Forecast for Wednesday not looking good. Some snow, ice, and rain. I'm not killing myself to attend this if that forecast holds. Would be surprised if it wasn't cancelled.

Reaction Score
Agreed - preliminary reports call for 6-10" nothern half of the state ending PM Wed, with amounts expected to increase if it stays snow longer. Saw report this morning that Sunday-Monday storm is gonna be biggest of 3 and we'll be measuring in feet and not inches.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Forecast for Wednesday not looking good. Some snow, ice, and rain. I'm not killing myself to attend this if that forecast holds. Would be surprised if it wasn't cancelled.

A few years ago they held it at the Civic Center in the middle of a large snow storm - it will not be cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom