Sierra Calhoun Down to 4 Schools | The Boneyard

Sierra Calhoun Down to 4 Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Link

I'm beginning to think Sierra may not end up at UConn with her brother.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I have been saying this for sometime! I hope she does come to UCONN!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Link

I'm beginning to think Sierra may not end up at UConn with her brother.
She narrowed her list to four, and UConn is on it. She states one of the criteria that will factor heavily in her decision is the the opportunity to win a national championship. With all due respect to Tennessee, ND, and Duke, UConn has won three since Tennessee's last NC, six since ND's, and Duke hasn't won one nor even been to a Final Four since 2006.

Add to those facts that her brother is at Uconn, that Uconn is by far the closest to home of the schools she's considering, and that Geno rarely misses on a NY kid he really wants, and I don't see how this doesn't continue to be reasonably positive.

You never know what's really going on in a kid's head, but I didn't read anything in this update that would warrant a gloom and doom reaction.

Husky4Life

ibleedblue
Reaction Score
She narrowed her list to four, and UConn is on it. She states one of the criteria that will factor heavily in her decision is the the opportunity to win a national championship. With all due respect to Tennessee, ND, and Duke, UConn has won three since Tennessee's last NC, six since ND's, and Duke hasn't won one nor even been to a Final Four since 2006.

Add to those facts that her brother is at Uconn, that Uconn is by far the closest to home of the schools she's considering, and that Geno rarely misses on a NY kid he really wants, and I don't see how this doesn't continue to be reasonably positive.

You never know what's really going on in a kid's head, but I didn't read anything in this update that would warrant a gloom and doom reaction.

Exactly what I was thinking. There is no guarantee that she will end up at UConn, but if UConn is included in her final four then she obviously has some interest in UConn and UConn still has a chance at getting her.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
From what Ive heard its UConn Duke ND. Tenn is a surprise. Her brother attends UConn and that might help and Duke is loaded so that might help too.

Reaction Score
I still feel,she wants to excel through great coaching,and win a championship.It would be hard for her to pass on Connecticut,because with Stewart and crew,there is a very good chance that championship will be Huskie blue.Let us hope her brother has some influence on her,because he seems to enjoy playing for us.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A list I think Tenn or UConn would be best bet to win a title.

HGN

Reaction Score
I like the odds.............We have a 1-in-4 chance. Not the 1-in-20 it was a month ago. If Sierra wants to win that NC she needs to go no farther south than Storrs, Connecticut.

If its great coaching and a NC she seeks within her 4yrs of WCBB , the odds say come to Storrs.

Reaction Score
First off, a tip of the cap to ALEX. Terrific post.

I can think of only one reason why she would not pick UCONN out of that list. That would be that her brother has told her that UCONN is not the place......and I've neither seen nor heard anything to substantiate that outside possibility. In addition, I recollect that Pop has said that he hope she'll end up here with her brother. Am I right on that? If so, pretty powerful.

I'll close with another question: seems that she is a player of the calibre that UCONN would want, but does anybody know what kind of a kid she is? Is she UCONN material from a character point of view? I have NO pro or con info on this. Obviously, the coaching staff thinks she is made of the right stuff, as they've offered her. What is known about what type of kid she is?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well we'd be glad to have her at UCONN. But she's got to choose which school SHE thinks is best for her. Hopefully she agrees with us.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
how hard is it to choose UConn...

seems the pipeline from CTK to UConn has been blocked

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So at 17 none of you wanted to torture your parents just a little?!
She knows Uconn very well - not surprised she wants to look around a little more before committing.

Reaction Score
how hard is it to choose UConn...

seems the pipeline from CTK to UConn has been blocked

DC: why do you say that? Do you know something we don't know, or are you just commenting on the fact that she seems not to be making the obvious choice in a timeline that would make sense to us?
And, going back to my original quesitions, do you know much about her as a person? I haven't seen anything pro or con on that issue, while I do see folks commenting very favorably on that aspect of the recent commits we do have.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
brother is at UConn, CTK is down the street from UConn, history of CTK players at UConn, UConn & Geno are at the top of their game right now... what's the hold up, why aren't the CTK coaches encouraging her to pull the trigger?

Reaction Score
brother is at UConn, CTK is down the street from UConn, history of CTK players at UConn, UConn & Geno are at the top of their game right now... what's the hold up, why aren't the CTK coaches encouraging her to pull the trigger?
It is never a good thing to rush a commitment. If Sierra is meant to end up at UConn with her brother she will. Why is it wrong for a high school kid to look at all her options, she is only a junior in high school!! Did you narrow your list of colleges to 4 at this point of your junior year??

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
It is never a good thing to rush a commitment. If Sierra is meant to end up at UConn with her brother she will. Why is it wrong for a high school kid to look at all her options, she is only a junior in high school!! Did you narrow your list of colleges to 4 at this point of your junior year??
come on with that nonsense....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maybe she just wants to enjoy her official visits.

Reactions: HGN

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
DC: why do you say that? Do you know something we don't know, or are you just commenting on the fact that she seems not to be making the obvious choice in a timeline that would make sense to us?
And, going back to my original quesitions, do you know much about her as a person? I haven't seen anything pro or con on that issue, while I do see folks commenting very favorably on that aspect of the recent commits we do have.

At 17 ones "character" is still in development...and that development is none of my business.

Reaction Score
She's taking her time to decide what the best school is for her. She can't go wrong with any of the four both academically and athletically, and as long as she makes the best decision for herself, that's all that matters.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Maybe they are. Maybe she is just a very confident young lady and wants to make her own decisions???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom