Sid Wilson | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson

Reaction Score
Our recruiting is now weaponized again. Sense of urgency, stronger advocacy for UConn and fight fire with fire if someone wants to negatively recruit against us. I hope recruiting stays focused this way and does not fall back into the recent rut.
You got to admit for certain guys JC got criticized for accepting - few took as long academically as Cobb and Williams - which is a good sign we are all now on the same page with level of commitment regarding winning. And now we have a guy committing later than Andre (but he has to sit a year). Dare to be great!

@Chief00 yes or no? Is he coming or not?

Reaction Score
This is torture. If he chose what he wanted earlier he would be at UConn. I am just waiting for Texas or some other school to swoop in because he now wants to be farther away from home. It is just hard not taking the "Murphy's Law" approach to UConn recruiting.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If Wilson were to come to UConn, let's look big picture.

Was a 2018 recruit. Chose to reclassify and go somewhere else. Has had a change of heart. Could enroll at UConn for 2017-2018 instead of being in high school or prep school. Would still suit up for UConn in Fall 2018 as if he were a 2018 recruit. Just as planned 8 months ago. Wilson on campus as a UConn player in the fall of 2018.

C

Chief00

Was a 2018 recruit. Chose to reclassify and go somewhere else. Has had a change of heart. Could enroll at UConn for 2017-2018 instead of being in high school or prep school. Would still suit up for UConn in Fall 2018 as if he were a 2018 recruit. Just as planned 8 months ago. Wilson on campus as a UConn player in the fall of 2018.
So true, I hadn't thought about it like that.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
People are making good points about him reclassifying to 2017. He was 2018.

I do have a quick question... Let's say that Sid Wilson does come to the Huskies. Will he be coming in as a RS Freshman? or a Sophomore?

Reaction Score
People are making good points about him reclassifying to 2017. He was 2018.

I do have a quick question... Let's say that Sid Wilson does come to the Huskies. Will he be coming in as a RS Freshman? or a Sophomore?
He would sit out for 2017-18, and be a redshirt freshman for 2018-19.

Reaction Score
Not trying to open old wounds again, but just thought I would share what I found today from a St. John's board:

Post 1:
Reguarding a post on the other site it is unfortunately 100% correct ... Sid is not happy and as of now does not want to be here. I can say with 100% certainty that he explored options to leave without having to sit( obviously their are none) but it was Texas not Uconn he would have left for. Thus information is correct. Period. And was accurate as of late July. Might have his situation, thoughts change, yes. Bottom line is he will be playing for SJU this season
« Last Edit: Today at 11:52:42 AM by SJU79 »

Post 2:
I heard the same thing this weekend.

Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY - ST. JOHN'S

The best thing that happened may have been losing out on this kid...

C

Chief00

"I don't know" isn't in his vocabulary.

I do have a day job. LOL
I am looking for that final letter - just being cautious - that there are no snakes in the grass. After-all it's recruiting. A dirty business.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

It would actually end up being even better than we expected 8 months ago, since he would have the benefit of practicing with the team all this year.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score

Plus he gets to practice and weight train on the college level for a year with us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom