SI Article on Monday's Game | The Boneyard

SI Article on Monday's Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't make a big deal of it either if I knew I was going to lose.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Geno's right. I bet those ND girls would trade in their Big East title for UConn's national championship trophy. Same with Baylor. In some cases, losing the tournament game proved motivational for the the team that lost (Uconn last year, ND in 2011, Texas A&M in 2010) as they beat their nemesis in the tourney that counted.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno use to say that it was harder to win the Big East Title than the NCAA Title and also that the UConn #1 goal was to win the Big East. A new era is upon us.

Reaction Score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...home.streaks.1st.ld.writethru.0691/index.html

Mulkey down playing it and Geno says some things about conference championships which diverge from the good old Big East days.

I would think Mulkey would want to take this back or at least think about it.
''I just prioritize. I think your conference is more important,'' Mulkey said. ''I said that when we were No. 1 in the conference. Your conference comes first, then the NCAA tournament. I guess he just has a difference of opinion. He's certainly entitled to his opinion, he's won eight championships. But for our team, we're not over-emphasizing it.''

She cannot possibly think a conference championship is more important than a national. One would have to think she means to take one step at a time by winning their conference and then thinking of the big picture. Where as at UCONN the only focus is on the big picture.
Simply coach talk for if we lose on Monday night it has no affect on our goal for the season...

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Geno use to say that it was harder to win the Big East Title than the NCAA Title and also that the UConn #1 goal was to win the Big East. A new era is upon us.

My memory is that he holds the first task is to win the conference regular season, the second is to win the conference tournament and get a #1 seed and the next is to win the NCAA tourney.

It's not about importance, it's about sequence.

Reaction Score
''It will be a good game. They're pretty big in size. We're a little undersized this year. But we'll figure it out,'' said Sims, the national scoring leader at 31.8 points a game. ''And I'll just tell you, it won't be a blowout. It will be a tough game for them and us, so just be ready for it.''

Ruh-roh....

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
we should expect a tough game. It may be close. It will definitely be a fight. Definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom