Showcase: Bouknight/Mitchell | The Boneyard

Showcase: Bouknight/Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My first look at Bouknight- 6'4" Leaping 2G scored 14 in the 1st half and 2 in 2nd. Nice defensive potential and willing scorer who will need weight room to get his way in college. Shot has excellent release. Fouled out.
Tre Mitchell - stretch 4 with nice inside skills and developing P & R game who like Bouk displayed very good shooting form including
3 pt. territory. He looks about 6'8" and also
a nice passer with team mindset.

Reaction Score
My first look at Bouknight- 6'4" Leaping 2G scored 14 in the 1st half and 2 in 2nd. Nice defensive potential and willing scorer who will need weight room to get his way in college. Shot has excellent release. Fouled out.
Tre Mitchell - stretch 4 with nice inside skills and developing P & R game who like Bouk displayed very good shooting form including
3 pt. territory. He looks about 6'8" and also
a nice passer with team mindset.

This has to be stomach churning time for the coaches. How long do you wait for Akok if there are others you feel could be good or great players that might take some other school's offer? Mitchell looks like a solid, 4 year, player that could be a really key guy but does getting a commitment from him send the wrong message to Akok or others?

Of course, that's why they're where they are while Chief and I are here on the Boneyard............

Reaction Score
If Hurley is 6'3", Bouknight looks to be more than 6'4".

Did anyone on the Boneyard see any of the games? How did the UConn targets, other than Bouknight, look?

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
Yes - saw both play yesterday. posted videos of both on twitter @ In Storrs Now . Also linked them into the recruiting thread here and the bouknight articles thread started by tcf15.

1. In talking to him after the game, Bouknight appeared to be taller than 6’4 and even though hes destined for bigger stages, he clearly HATES to lose, and in a good way. Wasnt sulking- just pissed.

2. He is very strong with both hands and quick for someone with his length.

3. Extremely good at drawing contact and making it known while still being able to get his shot off. (Boatright head snap comes to mind but on someone much longer).

4. Strong and quick laterally as an on ball defender. Did let foul trouble take him out of the second half and ultimately the game with 3 min left. 4th foul was a crime and while #5 looked like a lot of ball, he shouldnt have put himself in the position to get a call against him defending a 2 v 1 break.

5. very smooth and consistent release. Could create shots at will with his length and high release point.

6. Kimani Young is the reason hes coming to Storrs and it was very apparent in seeing his interactions with JB and family. Also of note top 100 PF for 2020 and JB teammate Richard Springs had a strong game and seemed equally as comfortable with the UConn presence.

Reaction Score
If Hurley is 6'3", Bouknight looks to be more than 6'4".

Did anyone on the Boneyard see any of the games? How did the UConn targets, other than Bouknight, look?

I went to the first Putnam game to see Akok. I didn't know it then but apparently he was a bit injured. He looked pretty cautious (which I had read as nerves) and just kind of floated and looked for 3s. It wasn't a great performance. I left impressed with a bunch of other PSA Players. Etienne (Shockers commit) was tough and a leader. Boo Langford and Diarra were also hard nosed kids – would love either to be Huskies. I was also REALLY impressed with Abou Ousmane who looks like he needs to add strength (diarra and especially langford do not) but he had really nice touch around the rim and great rebounding positioning. I think he's unranked currently but I can't imagine that will last long.

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
Also watched Tre play.

Immediate impression was that his body type would not thrive in Coach Hurley’s uptempo run and gun offense, however he moved much quicker up and down the Court than I expected and would be huge to establishing an inside post presence.

- Hes very thick in his middle and lower body and uses his weight exceptionally well to establish position down low.

-Had an advanced understanding of how to create passing lanes for his guards after establishing position down low. Multiple times he would earn inside position but before calling for the ball would use his hips to swing his defender to an agle where he could not intercept a post entry pass.

-While he hit outside 3s in warmups with fluid ease, his attempts during game action were forced and rushed.

-Solid and comfortable at the FT line.

- Defensively he moved laterally at a quicker clip then expected, but I would not categorize him as a rim protector. Maintained upright and vertical position while challenging drives and has seemingly mastered this against the natural reaction of coming over the front of driving players.

- Its clear he is currenctly coached very well and has an advanced understanding of the inside game. He will never be hitting his head on the rim and will always have to be on top of his conditioning.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Pick a player, start a thread. Two players means there's twice the likelihood it'll be highjacked with stupidity.

Bottom line: Sorry, but no multiplayer megathreads. Feel free to start a new thread for each and I'll try to move relevant replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom