Shout out to Kara Lawson... | The Boneyard

Shout out to Kara Lawson...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I thought her halftime comments about the Faris non-call were brilliant. (I tried to find it on YouTube but failed.)

You could see she was visibly ticked and yet was able to give a passionate and articulate speech on the need for officials to step up their games in the post season. If the NCAA Wbb bigshots were watching they had to be cringing.

Kara is a classy, first-rate analyst.

Reaction Score
I thought her halftime comments about the Faris non-call were brilliant. (I tried to find it on YouTube but failed.)

You could see she was visibly ticked and yet was able to give a passionate and articulate speech on the need for officials to step up their games in the post season. If the NCAA Wbb bigshots were watching they had to be cringing.

She certainly is.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Count me among the Kara fans.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Kara is probably the best analyst for WCBB that we have.

The 2 that stick out as being very good also are Bobby Knight and VanGundy when they appear on the scene occasionally.

That being said, you would have to be pretty bad not to look good compared to the rest of the bozos that normally inhabit the field.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I will agree. I love Kara. She right there and no favorites. Shes a keeper with a great future.

Reaction Score

I agree. Her comments were brilliant. If these officials are rated the best and are asked to call a post season game, they have to step up. Kara Lawson is solid.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The best since Robin Roberts. I still wish she would do some work with WCBB.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
If these officials are rated the best and are asked to call a post season game, they have to step up. .

I feel the same about players.

BTW, you know, of course, that every round officials are rated (by the NCAA, 'cause this is the only time they actually are the supervisor) and move on to the next round (or not) depending on their evaluation.

Sorta like the players.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
She is the best by far..knowledgable, smart, and calmly authoritative. Fabulous!

Reaction Score

Thanks to Kara for the comments yesterday! But, since this has been going on all season, why the he--- did it take so long for someone to finally talk about the officiating? I maintain that either the officials stink, or they are being told to call games this way. If whoever is in charge of wcbb wants the sport to grow, the dialogue needs to continue regarding the subject.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
We have been talking about it on this board for years and years. It is one the major problems with the sport.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Kara is absolutely fabulous! Very articulate and knowledgeable and is even handed in her analysis, not playing favorites with teams or players.
And it is only in the tournament that the Refs are 'vetted' by the NCAA - the rest of the year the various conferences are responsible for hiring and supervising. And it is a constant complaint that the refs are not good. Like all sports at every level, the compensation for them is very low and it is not an easy job with lots of travel.
I do think they may have instructions to be less aggressive in calling fouls in the tournament, which is generally a good idea. But they still have to keep some control over the game or things get out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom