Should we be rooting for the Spurs? | The Boneyard

Should we be rooting for the Spurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that KO is comin back, should we be rooting for the Spurs to win it all? I've thought about this for a while...and the Spurs are seriously the NBA version of UConn. Think about it:

1. Veterans: From Parker to Manu to Duncan, these guys have all been around the league for a long, long time. They've seen a lot, from seasons of not making the playoffs, to championships. You could make the case that they are equivalent to four year seniors, which UConn is notorious for having. They've seen everything and know what it takes to win.

2. Leadership (mostly from the vets): The vets lead that team, 100%. There is no "star" per se on that squad anymore, (Parker is a top 5 PG IMO and Duncan is obviously legendary) so it takes the whole team to win. The vets lead the young guys (Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green etc) to play as a team and win. I guess the perfect example is this season for us, veteran leadership from a lot of people contributed to us winning a NC.

3. Great coaching: Pop reminds me of Calhoun in so many ways. The guy takes no BS and to me is the one "true" coach in the NBA. You look at Spoelstra, Vogel and even Doc..they're more "pump you up in a huddle" than coaching..Pop seems to really coach the team. And the guy is a winner. He knows how to win. Just like JC did.

Look the Spurs have 4 titles. So do we. They seem to win one whenever we do...so heres hoping to a 5th one for them this year, that must mean our next title is right around the corner.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've thought about this for a while...

One time, in college, I took some mushrooms and I spent an entire night considering the LED lights on the appliances in my kitchen.

I don't remember what conclusion I came to that night, but I imagine it was about as logical as your Spurs/UConn connection.

I'm rooting for the Thunder because they have like 27 UConn players.

Reaction Score
Root for whoever you want but the Thunder have no chance in this series. Also if you want a new champion, the Spurs have a great chance of beating the Heat, the Thunder have no chance.

Reaction Score
They've seen a lot, from seasons of not making the playoffs

When have they ever missed the playoffs? Last time the Spurs missed the playoffs turned into a good thing that was the 96-97 season the year David Robinson and half their team was hurt, which is why Tim Duncan landed there in the first place.

Reaction Score
One time, in college, I took some mushrooms and I spent an entire night considering the LED lights on the appliances in my kitchen.

I don't remember what conclusion I came to that night, but I imagine it was about as logical as your Spurs/UConn connection.

I'm rooting for the Thunder because they have like 27 UConn players.

LED lights existed in the 40s?

Reaction Score
I don't see the connection to UCONN, but I am usually rooting for the Spurs. I know the Thunder have all our guys and I love KD but I'm rooting for Pop and Duncan. They play like a team and everyone had each other's back. Maybe that's where you see UCONN; Ollie has brought that same mentality to Storrs.

Also, it's exactly what Presti is trying to bring to OKC. He's showing his SA roots and everything he learned from Pop and RD Buford. So, it's apple and oranges with to great teams.

And if you want to play 6 degrees of KO then there ya go. Ollie-Presti-The Spurs. Only took 3 because if they were in the NBA post 95 they know KO.

Reaction Score
I root for the team with the UCONN players personally.

Ray Allen is my favorite player so I even support the Heat.

Reaction Score

When have they ever missed the playoffs? Last time the Spurs missed the playoffs turned into a good thing that was the 96-97 season the year David Robinson and half their team was hurt, which is why Tim Duncan landed there in the first place.

They haven't missed the playoffs since I was a freshman in high school and I'm 32 now...

Reaction Score
Now that KO is comin back, should we be rooting for the Spurs to win it all? I've thought about this for a while...and the Spurs are seriously the NBA version of UConn. Think about it:

1. Veterans: From Parker to Manu to Duncan, these guys have all been around the league for a long, long time. They've seen a lot, from seasons of not making the playoffs, to championships. You could make the case that they are equivalent to four year seniors, which UConn is notorious for having. They've seen everything and know what it takes to win.

2. Leadership (mostly from the vets): The vets lead that team, 100%. There is no "star" per se on that squad anymore, (Parker is a top 5 PG IMO and Duncan is obviously legendary) so it takes the whole team to win. The vets lead the young guys (Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green etc) to play as a team and win. I guess the perfect example is this season for us, veteran leadership from a lot of people contributed to us winning a NC.

3. Great coaching: Pop reminds me of Calhoun in so many ways. The guy takes no BS and to me is the one "true" coach in the NBA. You look at Spoelstra, Vogel and even Doc..they're more "pump you up in a huddle" than coaching..Pop seems to really coach the team. And the guy is a winner. He knows how to win. Just like JC did.

Look the Spurs have 4 titles. So do we. They seem to win one whenever we do...so heres hoping to a 5th one for them this year, that must mean our next title is right around the corner.

no.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Even though the Cs got a championship since, I still rue that draft.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I suppose people will see what they want to.

My pancake being the modern version of the Virgin Mary is about as equal. Think about it. Not only do the burn marks resemble a couple of arches (resembling her head dressings), but the syrup came from a tree that had previously never been tapped (Just like Mary). Then, when I finally ate it, it was like a little piece of heaven. My secret? Always use EVOO in the Bisquik mix.

th

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree. We should also be rooting for the Pacers.
1. Defense - the Pacers are built on defense, UConn plays great defense too
2. Offense- Indian often outscores their opponents, something UConn also did to help win the national championship
3. Hill - Indiana has George Hill, UConn players run up Horsebarn hill
4. High School Connection - sure Lance Stephenson played a year at Cincy, but he is in the NBA mostly on his high school rep and would have gone straight to NBA from high school if that was possible. ALL of UConn's players come from high schools!
5. Paul George - Indiana's best player has two first names which is an oddity, speaking of odd I don't even know if anyone else in the world is named Shabazz

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score

My pancake being the modern version of the Virgin Mary is about as equal. Think about it. Not only do the burn marks resemble a couple of arches (resembling her head dressings), but the syrup came from a tree that had previously never been tapped (Just like Mary). Then, when I finally ate it, it was like a little piece of heaven. My secret? Always use EVOO in the Bisquik mix.

th

Interesting, I'm not seeing the VM, but I do see a kitten chomping on a dog bone.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

th

You are not wrong**. I think I see a penis is that thing. I'm glad it tasted good though.

There's something wrong with me.

**your above statement also an amusing compliment to our argument in another thread

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You are not wrong. I think I see a penis is that thing. I'm glad it tasted good though.

There's something wrong with me.
I'm glad I don't see that!!!:confused:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm glad I don't see that!!!:confused:

It's funny, I don't see either of your guys things. But I also see a lizard humpin gthe face of a snuffleupagus.

Still something wrong with me. If this is a Rorschach, I'm not doing very well.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I see a lot of drugs done by the people in this thread.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I see a lot of drugs done by the people in this thread.

Tell me you don't see what I saw. A baby sea turtle humping the face of a snuffleupagus (which can be seen here). [note: I said lizard before but it's clearly a baby sea turtle upon inspection]

lizard2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer