Should UConn hire Ryan Odom? | The Boneyard

Should UConn hire Ryan Odom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
The man did a masterful coaching job in that Virginia game. Maybe UConn should roll the dice and take a chance on him.

Reaction Score
Even after last night, Kenpom has them at 168. It’s more likely that we saw the luckiest win of all time than we saw the next big coach.

If not for a miracle buzzer beater, that would have been a Vermont vs Birginia first round game.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I never heard of Jim Calhoun before he came to UCONN, so despite the snark the OP will have to endure for this thread I get his thought process. Geez guys - take a breath.
It’s not about whether you’ve heard of him. Check the resumes. Calhoun’s resume before UConn is waaaaaaaaaay better than Odom’s

Reaction Score
It’s not about whether you’ve heard of him. Check the resumes. Calhoun’s resume before UConn is waaaaaaaaaay better than Odom’s
I know, and I get it. I know we're all on edge, but we all need to take a collective deep breath and chill out.

Reaction Score
His record is 45 and 23. In a very weak conference. Every time a coach win's a big game are we going to immediately court them? He was in the right place playing the right opponent at the right time.

Reaction Score
The Boneyard in full pounce mode!Head bang

Well, how often have we been in this position as a basketball program? Pretty unique situation for us to be in coaching search mode, let alone during an NCAA tourney.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
They beat a #1 seed by 20. Coach had some cause for that. It's not stupid.

Reaction Score
If this account wasn't started in 2012 I would be certain it was just a troll

Reaction Score
Never heard of him before this game. One game, should be our coach? Please Uconn do something. I can't keep coming here every 5 minutes reading this crap. But I will.

His father is Dave Odom, who was a very good coach at Wake forest for many years. He coached Tim Duncan among others. . Don't know much about Ryan but obviously he was exposed to basketball & coaching all of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom