short govan update | The Boneyard

short govan update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The CUSE----- great program????????????

Give me a break, they ARE great

great at establishing winning records and high rankings in January and getting a lot of free time in April without the final four getting in the way

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Give me a break, they ARE great

great at establishing winning records and high rankings in January and getting a lot of free time in April without the final four getting in the way
You know, maybe this is why we're still little brother looking up to Cuse, just wishing our December-January poll rankings were a little higher. Wishing we had more reasons to print out shirts. Their seasons end weeks earlier than ours. Our team also has to make appearances and trips after our season is over, e.g. The White House. Cuse must get at least an extra month of practice.

I guess the only solution to being Cuse-great is to stop winning championships.

Reaction Score
Quse is a program in a great BB conference- who has a overrated HOF coach that is getting ready to retire- they play zone- which is not only boring but ineffective agains elite teams (like UCONN this year)- they also have no real rivals left now that they are in the ACC (think Duke or UNC cares about them at all?).

Worse move they ever made was working to keep us out of the conference- now they can hate all they want but unfortunately no one is left who cares about them one way or another- except me of course- I despise them.

I hope they enjoy the life of mediocrity in front of them. PE-TOOWEY!!!!!

Reaction Score
"New York's Team" took this long to offer a NY kid? C'mon Jessie it didn't take KO and his staff long to figure out how good you were going to be. And again, Rakeem Christmas - check out how much better that McD's AA has gotten and then think real hard about what program can impact you more!!

Reaction Score
I can't understand how any highly rated big man goes to play for Boeheim. Look at the body of evidence: Dajuan Coleman (#7 Center/5 Star); Rakeem Christmas (#2 Center/5 Star); Fab Melo (#4 Center/5 Star); Donte Green (#2 PF/5 Star); Daryl Watkins (#5 Center/4 Star); Terrence Roberts (#7 PF/4 star).

Is a single one of those 5 star players currently an NBA player? Literally every highly rated big man Syracuse has had in the last 10 years is a cautionary tale.

Reaction Score
JB's most successful big man was probably Craig Forth.

He turned that kid from a top-100 recruit into a math teacher in just four years - that kid is probably making $90K with bennies right now.
Haha, he also did an amazing job with Billy Edelin and Mark Konecny .

Reaction Score
Say what you want about Cuse but they do an outstanding job of recruiting. It is only when they actually play basketball games that they become disappointing.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Konecny was an adventure - I think he played all of two games for Syracuse before they had to bounce him. As a sophomore, he transferred to....Central Florida. And then Iona. And then South Idaho (JC). And then Yavapi Junior College. Yes, all that in one year.

Then he went somewhere called Lambuth where he was basically a flop.

JB loved having Jeff Ruland as his minor-league affiliate.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think us being known as a guard oriented team hurts us slightly when recruiting bigs, but we're now a destination spot for guards :)

Reaction Score
this one always makes me chuckle.

Historic_Start_email_2014.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members