Shonn Miller is the Alpha Dog | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller is the Alpha Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The answer was always there, it ain't DHam, Jalen, Purvis or Gibbs.

I hope Ollie does not waste the gift he was given in Shonn Miller. Time is running out, and Ollie is not milking this one year cow who has a whole lot of milk to give. He's the real deal and our best player.

This could turn into one of the most tragic UConn player stories I can ever remember. The guy is talented, a finisher and can score. Why bring a talent like that in and not exploit it?

From this point on Ollie needs to put this team on Miller's back and tell DHam to wait a year. If Ollie blows this gift or mismanages it, then this season will be lost and he has to answer as to why he brought Miller in and for what purpose.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I also hope someone from the media asks Ollie about how he's using Miller this season.

Reaction Score
I have been blowing this whistle all year. Get SM the ball and good things will happen. So he is covered at one time. Just past it around and re-post him. Good teams keep trying to get it to their go to and star player. Unfortunately KO is not staying true to his word and having the offense being run through SM on every play possible. He is thinking DHAM is some offensive juggernaut which he isn't. I don't even want to talk about SG as I can't wait for him to leave.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Get the man the ball in the post. It's our only reliable offense. Been awhile since we've had a true post player (Adrien?) but Miller needs constant touches down there.

Reaction Score
The last few games they go to shonn early in the game and then again right out of half time. It works more often then not, but they stop doing it for some unholy reason. KO has 2 grad transfers on this team and for some reason he's choosing to showcase the wrong one.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
When your Aplha Dog is a hired mercenary there could be a problem. The Huskies have two mercenaries this season and they both start. Shonn has been a Godsend, of sorts. Sterling has seemingly turned Rodney into a shell of his former self.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Adams need to be the alpha dog for this team to be successful.

Reaction Score
we completely ignored him down the stretch and it seems like every game there is this lull when DHam and the guards decide it's going to be there time to take turns going one on one. Part of this could be on Miller for not presenting himself or being too passive, but still... We lose when Gibbs tries to be a facilitator. We lose when DHam decides that he's going to personally use 20 seconds on the shot clock to make the move everyone in the universe knows is coming. Miller needs the ball. And the thing is, it's not just because he's a quality post scorer. When he gets the ball at the top or the key or wing, he makes good decisions. He does a quick reversal, or he ball fakes, or does something that keeps some sort of motion/rhythm to our offense.

C

Chief00

For Shonn to truly be an Alpha dog he needs to get in someone's face and maybe jack the guy up against his locker if he doesn't get the ball. Call me old school but that's how it's done. None of this soccer mom CT approach - more JC Dorchester.
(Now I will hear it again from the soccer dad's participation trophy crowd)

Reaction Score
For Shonn to truly be an Alpha dog he needs to get in someone's face and maybe jack the guy up against his locker if he doesn't get the ball. Call me old school but that's how it's done.
LOL I had seen that so many times back in the day.

Reaction Score
They had no answer for him 2nd half, he was on a tear like ECU, unstoppable. His "bad" shot is better than Gibbs and DHam hammering the ball into the ground until the shot clock wears off. I mean please, get him 'n ball!

Reaction Score
It's a real mystery to me how the one guy who can regularly create his own shot and shoots over 50% from the floor almost every game (59% on the season) does not get fed more often in these close, late game situations. We have seen more shot clock violations from aimlessly dribbling the ball 30 feet from the basket than we have entry passes to Miller in the post. Get him the rock! Right now, to not even try him late in games, is mind boggling

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
They had no answer for him 2nd half, he was on a tear like ECU, unstoppable. His "bad" shot is better than Gibbs and DHam hammering the ball into the ground until the shot clock wears off. I mean please, get him 'n ball!

Yes, this seems to be a recurring theme after the losses - Why didn't we continue to feed Miller.....

Reaction Score
Shonn is shooting 58% on 212 FGA this year. Gibbs and Hamilton are a combined 39% on 483 FGA this year. This is a problem.

Reaction Score
He's so much better than everyone else on the offensive end it's shocking. It kills me that we don't use him nearly enough.

Reaction Score
In the last minutes of the game, Temple decided to take Miller out of the game and have someone else beat them. They completely focused on SM and denied him the ball. Our response was to keep looking a window to get the ball to Miller. They let the shot clock run out.

It looked like there was no second option.

Reaction Score
In the last minutes of the game, Temple decided to take Miller out of the game and have someone else beat them. They completely focused on SM and denied him the ball. Our response was to keep looking a window to get the ball to Miller. They let the shot clock run out.

For once we finally have a low post player requiring opposing defensive attention (no offense DD). Perhaps this is a new phenomenon for the coaching staff.

Reaction Score

Thats on the guard. If Miller is being doubled, someone is open. There is no reason for you to stand there trying and trying and trying to feed the post when there is an open shot on the court! I just cant understand that.

Reaction Score
Thats on the guard. If Miller is being doubled, someone is open. There is no reason for you to stand there trying and trying and trying to feed the post when there is an open shot on the court! I just cant understand that.
Cough. . .. . . cough.. . . . . . .Amida or Phil, consequently no one is open.

Reaction Score
Cough. . .. . . cough.. . . . . . .Amida or Phil, consequently no one is open.

Alley oop? I mean we should at least get a shot attempt, not a shot clock violation.

Reaction Score
Alley oop? I mean we should at least get a shot attempt, not a shot clock violation.
Only if DHam has the ball, I really don't know if any other player has made that Brimah connection. We are just limited down low except for Miller. Enoch offensively is an option or Facey.

Reaction Score
Only if DHam has the ball, I really don't know if any other player has made that Brimah connection.

Agreed, but thats just piss poor. One of our best options is a guard that cant dribble, and cant pass? Dham wasnt composed at the end of the game either... We dont have the players to execute in crunch time and at times no in crunch time. Just my personal opinion.

Reaction Score
Well, we have to get it to him which is not always easy, but yes I'll take my chances with Shonn. Especially after the horror shows that we have witnessed this season.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
For Shonn to truly be an Alpha dog he needs to get in someone's face and maybe jack the guy up against his locker if he doesn't get the ball. Call me old school but that's how it's done. None of this soccer mom CT approach - more JC Dorchester.
(Now I will hear it again from the soccer dad's participation trophy crowd)

Shouting and swearing with an Irish accent is what increases a team's chance of winning? It makes player perform better?

Chief, you're full of bologna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog