Shonn Miller and Sterling Gibbs | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller and Sterling Gibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really feel for Shonn tonight. His worst offensive game of the year comes at the last of his career. Miller was one of the few offensive bright spots on our team this year. I'm glad he chose UConn as his grad school, and it was fun rooting for him. He has the best post game of any UConn player in a long time.

Gibbs didn't mesh with our team as well as we would have hoped, but he had a few games where he carried out offense, and I think we was mentally tougher than most of our backcourt players. Nothing to hang your head about Gibbs. A good career even though things didn't translate perfectly.

You can't win it all every year, but good or bad results alike, these guys gave us their all. Glad they got to spend one year in Husky Nation. I wish both good luck in the next chapter of their lives as they start whichever careers they choose. Thanks boys.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
They'll always be Huskies, and I'm glad they both got to play such a big part in lifting a trophy. It's "just" the AAC, but it's nice to win anything, and it sets the tone for next season.

Wish we had 'em both for another few years.

Reaction Score
Don't forget Omar and PN as they all gave us good time this year even it it was very uneven at times.
I think they deserve/will get more than a thread during a loss tonight. Just wanted to give these two some shine for giving us their one remaining year of eligibility. Phil and Omar are two of my favorites for coming when they did and sticking with this team.

Reaction Score
Wish Shonn didn't decide to his pants from the Cincy game until now. Not sure if the moment was too big for him at a real program or what. Either way, not going to sit here and act like I'll miss either of them much.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I wish them both the best of luck if they continue to play on a professional level. And praise them for having a Plan B.
degree.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Surprised the team closed the gap. They did it on pure heart. Proud of this team.

Reaction Score
We were all pretty tough on Gibbs all year but he had to run point and he's an off the ball shooter. He was thrown into a position that wasn't advantageous to his skill set, he still always played hard and helped us a lot this year. He will always be a Husky.

Reaction Score
Wish Shonn didn't decide to his pants from the Cincy game until now. Not sure if the moment was too big for him at a real program or what. Either way, not going to sit here and act like I'll miss either of them much.
You seem like a miserable person.

Reaction Score
Wow. What a waste of genetic materials.
You seem like a miserable person.
You rowing, Niels? You're free to jump ship and find a new boat.

3aa712b673632a674ab8a7503cd7bb98.jpg

Not sure why any of you feel the need to bend over backwards to kiss either of these guys asses. Gibbs was largely a failure and KO did him no favors stubbornly sticking with him at PG all year. Miller was a pretty efficient finesse post player, but doesn't rebound well at all, doesn't protect the rim, and is a complete foul machine.

You 3 seem like the type of guys that thinks every athlete should get a trophy for participating. If you had your way, we wouldn't even be keeping score of these games, we'd just have a 68-way tie every year.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I really feel for Shonn tonight. His worst offensive game of the year comes at the last of his career. Miller was one of the few offensive bright spots on our team this year. I'm glad he chose UConn as his grad school, and it was fun rooting for him. He has the best post game of any UConn player in a long time.

Gibbs didn't mesh with our team as well as we would have hoped, but he had a few games where he carried out offense, and I think we was mentally tougher than most of our backcourt players. Nothing to hang your head about Gibbs. A good career even though things didn't translate perfectly.

You can't win it all every year, but good or bad results alike, these guys gave us their all. Glad they got to spend one year in Husky Nation. I wish both good luck in the next chapter of their lives as they start whichever careers they choose. Thanks boys.

Well said, Stats.

They're definitely both "real" Huskies in my book.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Not sure why any of you feel the need to bend over backwards to kiss either of these guys asses. Gibbs was largely a failure and KO did him no favors stubbornly sticking with him at PG all year. Miller was a pretty efficient finesse post player, but doesn't rebound well at all, doesn't protect the rim, and is a complete foul machine.

You 3 seem like the type of guys that thinks every athlete should get a trophy for participating. If you had your way, we wouldn't even be keeping score of these games, we'd just have a 68-way tie every year.

This is a terrible post and you should feel bad for writing it.

Reaction Score
Two kids that brought it every night. Thanks guys. Best of luck and hope to see you both at the summer alumni game!

Reaction Score

Why did we stick with Gibbs all year? Because the alternative was playing Adams 30 minutes a game all year notwithstanding that, until the tournament, his ability to get to the hoop was overwhelmed by the fact that Gibbs played much better D, was in a different stratosphere as a shooter and avoided the abundant freshman mistakes. And was more consistent. The Adams who suddenly started hitting shots in the last few weeks was not the Adams who Gibbs was playing more than most of the year.

You're confusing people thinking you are wrong for being against participation awards with people who think you don't actually know crap about basketball.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

feed7c2dd196a97fb618ce315fa3a6ef30bb1ec3ff2bcb4ff3fecb45ea4df999.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr