Shocking result in Baylor game | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Shocking result in Baylor game

Reaction Score
Does this mean if parents send their daughters to West Virginia, Baylor fans would proudly knock them in the face?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Geez, all of a sudden, Baylor looks vulnerable. :eek: what it's worth, Charlie Creme say that loss drops Baylor to the 4th 1 seed, which probably put's them in the Stockton region.

Charlie Creme - Sometimes the bracket is like a puzzle. One look at the pieces and it appears they don't fit at all. A second glance moments later provides new perspective, and the puzzle makes perfect sense. Each new bracket can have a drastically different look by just changing the order or the shape of the pieces ever so slightly. That's what happened Monday night. The one change -- West Virginia's stunning upset of Baylor -- gave everything new form.

[Rest of article]

Reaction Score
1b -- You lost to Tenn and Duke. While Baylor just lost to Texas.
1c - IMO Texas is better than Tenn and Duke.
IMO Duke can beat Texas.
Also, IMO I don't think Texas has good enough shooters to beat Duke
Again, IMO I think it would be a hell of a matchup

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
1-- And they had one less loss.
1b -- You lost to Tenn and Duke. While Baylor just lost to Texas.
1c - IMO Texas is better than Tenn and Duke.
2- Baylor was higher on Sagarin (though RPI has USC).
3-- And Jones is a better college player than Coates. IMO she should be in the top ten.
3b-- Jones is the best player on her team. Coates is not. Thus the loss of each player is not comparable.
3c-- Not understanding the impact of Baylro not having their best player, their lead pg vs USC not having their best center-- is to not understand the impact of a palyer on each team. You can't look at it one-for one. What if Washngton loses Plum? Is that the same vs another team that loses their top player but has more balance?
3d-- Even if you felel they are equal -- you should be judging how strong they are for the team most likely that will PLAY in the NCAAA's. Having a deeper bench usually shouldn't be a deciding factor.

USC also beat Texas in Austin.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And they lost to WVU in their Conference tourney
And SC, with all its players healthy, lost to Missouri.

Reaction Score
And SC, with all its players healthy, lost to Missouri.
And SC came back and beat a top 20 & top 10 team without one of their best players while they lost to an unranked team...It doesn't matter though because we still finished stronger then them in the same scenario without important players for each team

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
ETT,where are you?
Ever since the Mulkey comments on Senior Day, ETT has been laying low which is/was probably a smart move. I hope our colleague reappears as I enjoy his observations and humor. Queue Simon and Garfinkels "Mrs. Robinson"...where have you gone Easttexastash, our boneyard nation turns its lonely eyes to your posts...:rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
And SC came back and beat a top 20 & top 10 team without one of their best players while they lost to an unranked team...It doesn't matter though because we still finished stronger then them in the same scenario without important players for each team
You keep referring to WV as an "unranked" team as if it were a significant pejorative. You do realize that the AP polls are completely irrelevant to the committee, right?

I've already said that the edge on pure resume comparison would likely go to SC. But to pretend that it isn't a close call is homerism at its best.

If I were an SC fan, I would be way more concerned about my team's troubling tendency to poop its pants in the regional rounds than I would about who they might face in a potential Final Four game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Don't poke the bear. I think only Triad is a cute loser.

b89371c748ef07fd3ce7639960a1bfff41152f881648466f8d0b52b16328e534.jpg

Reaction Score
You keep referring to WV as an "unranked" team as if it were a significant pejorative. You do realize that the AP polls are completely irrelevant to the committee, right?

I've already said that the edge on pure resume comparison would likely go to SC. But to pretend that it isn't a close call is homerism at its best.

If I were an SC fan, I would be way more concerned about my team's troubling tendency to poop its pants in the regional rounds than I would about who they might face in a potential Final Four game.

It actually does matter because they're not top 25 in RPI either. I never said it wasn't a close battle but how can I give the edge to Baylor when they fell apart in the end. It's not like they lost to Texas or Oklahoma .. but they lost to WV a team that was on the bubble at best going into the B12 tourney, so yes it is significant.

As to SC "pooping their pants" in the regionals that remains to be seen. SC finished the season strong and are playing welll as a team right now and that's all I can ask for. It also remains to be seen if UCONN wins its 5th in a row as nothing is set and stoned yet and anything can happen .....

Reaction Score
Does this make Baylor the 4th 1 seed? and move SC into the 3rd slot?
Personally I really think SC and ND should have to play each other.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It actually does matter because they're not top 25 in RPI either. I never said it wasn't a close battle but how can I give the edge to Baylor when they fell apart in the end. It's not like they lost to Texas or Oklahoma .. but they lost to WV a team that was on the bubble at best going into the B12 tourney, so yes it is significant.

As to SC "pooping their pants" in the regionals that remains to be seen. SC finished the season strong and are playing welll as a team right now and that's all I can ask for. It also remains to be seen if UCONN wins its 5th in a row as nothing is set and stoned yet and anything can happen .....
And this is where your homer bias becomes evident. What you call "falling apart at the end" is the loss of one game to a team that was obviously playing well above its regular-season level. It's not like they lost 9 of their last 12 games like Auburn did. West Virginia smoked Oklahoma by 30 and also beat Texas. Who else did Missouri beat, besides SC? Anyone as good as Texas? Did they blow out a team as good as Oklahoma?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Plebe, Oldude, JordyG we need to do an intervention with Triad on these puppy and kitten pictures! He has some issues to work out...:eek:
Puppies is one thing we can never get too much of.
adorable-puppy-memes-on-momtastic-i-just-want-a-cuddle.png

Reaction Score
And this is where your homer bias becomes evident. What you call "falling apart at the end" is the loss of one game to a team that was obviously playing well above its regular-season level. It's not like they lost 9 of their last 12 games like Auburn did. West Virginia smoked Oklahoma by 30 and also beat Texas. Who else did Missouri beat, besides SC? Anyone as good as Texas? Did they blow out a team as good as Oklahoma?

In falling apart means they didn't finish strong. They won the past 6 b12 tourney championships and even without their best player they were expected to finish stronger. It's not like they lost by 2 either WVU was up 21 going into the fourth, it's just no excuse for that. And why do you keep bringing up Mizzou? This is post season tourney we're looking at and obviously SC picked up 3 top 25 wins after that lost and Mizzou also has a good RPI while WVU doesn't.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In falling apart means they didn't finish strong. They won the past 6 b12 tourney championships and even without their best player they were expected to finish stronger. It's not like they lost by 2 either WVU was up 21 going into the fourth, it's just no excuse for that. And why do you keep bringing up Mizzou? This is post season tourney we're looking at and obviously SC picked up 3 top 25 wins after that lost and Mizzou also has a good RPI while WVU doesn't.
I bring up Missouri because you'd like to argue that SC should deserve extra credit for winning a couple games without Coates. Well, if we do that then we should be consistent and give them extra demerits for losing to Missouri and Tennessee with Coates.

The fact that one team took a loss in the 3rd week of February as opposed to the 1st week of March is about as meaningless a distinction as there could be.

Reaction Score
You wasted your time typing this because we are ahead of them :p

Where are you ahead of them?

You shouldn't be ahead of them for a seeding.

And-- it's okay about wasting my time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom