Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
1554143075399.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
From the article:

The North Carolina women’s basketball coaching staff has been placed on paid administrative leave pending an internal investigation after complaints were brought up by players and others, the school said in a press release.​
That includes head coach Sylvia Hatchell and her three assistants, a spokesperson confirmed.​

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Michelle Voepel Tweets:

A lot has gone on at UNC in recent years. Just being real: The school did all it could to make the WBB program the scapegoat in the academic scandal investigation that dragged on forever.

Duke did an internal review of WBB coach Joanne P. McCallie in 2016, but that was done by Duke human resources. She received AD's support after it. Georgia Tech used, and UNC now is using, outside law firms regarding investigation of WBB coaches.

Reaction Score
Michelle Voepel Tweets:

A lot has gone on at UNC in recent years. Just being real: The school did all it could to make the WBB program the scapegoat in the academic scandal investigation that dragged on forever.

Duke did an internal review of WBB coach Joanne P. McCallie in 2016, but that was done by Duke human resources. She received AD's support after it. Georgia Tech used, and UNC now is using, outside law firms regarding investigation of WBB coaches.
^^^ first paragraph is exactly what the issue is

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Voepel got it right - they are trying to make Hatchell and the WCBB program the "fall guy" when the men's program has done much more egregious stuff for far longer. I hope she sues their pants off and let's them know where all the bodies are buried for the men's program.

Don't get me wrong - she's not blameless, but the men's program has done far worse for far longer with no repercussions ever. It's called "UNCheat" for a reason, and that has zero to with the Hatchell and the women's program.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What the hell is shocking about this! If it is shocking you just haven't been paying attention for about 20 something years! Voepel has it right of course, but she better not get all indignant about gender. Cheats are cheats of any sexual moniker and these folks have been rotten to the core for decades. Geno gets buzzed for calling a Little League player, these corrupt s get to party on for decades. Kill the NCAA!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Seems as women players are always reporting mistreatment and never men players. Why?

I suspect it's because the "men" feel more vulnerable. Pure speculation of course.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
If this is about the "old" UNC scandal and after all these years they are going to try to pin it on Sylvia, then I hope she fights back as per Eric...I know she had a good lawyer back then.

From what has been widely reported; men's BB, and football were the principal culprits with woman's bb right in there.

It may be a terrible mistake for UNC to re-deploy their filthy linen, after the winning effort they made sweep it all under the rug.

Reaction Score
Does this provide some measure of understanding to Diamond DeShields for leaving UNC? Did she know something, see something, that was so bad she felt compelled to bail on the program? Was she one of the players who informed the authorities?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
For those of us who forgot the details, here is an analysis:

The Wainstein report also offers evidence that the football and women’s basketball teams knew that the classes were illegitimate and played an active role in Crowder’s scheme to help keep their players eligible, as academic advisers for both teams often told Crowder that certain players needed to receive specific grades in order to be able to keep playing. (This is why so many people expected the football and women’s basketball programs to get harsher penalties than the men’s basketball team, and why the real story of the NCAA’s decision is that neither were sanctioned at all.) Meanwhile, Wayne Walden, the men’s basketball academic adviser who came to Chapel Hill with head coach Roy Williams in 2003 and left that position in 2009, knew that Crowder graded the papers in the classes, which is to say that he knew some shady was going on even if his knowledge of the extent of the operation remains unclear.

North Carolina Was Always Going to Get Off in Its NCAA Investigation

Reaction Score
If this is about the "old" UNC scandal and after all these years they are going to try to pin it on Sylvia, then I hope she fights back as per Eric...I know she had a good lawyer back then.

From what has been widely reported; men's BB, and football were the principal culprits with woman's bb right in there.

It may be a terrible mistake for UNC to re-deploy their filthy linen, after the winning effort they made sweep it all under the rug.

from what little I have seen this is more about player complaints over their treatment then a continuation of an educational scandal.....................I'm sure there are some abusive coaches out there but I always take these stories with a grain of salt in this new age of entitlement............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom