Shock owners to move team to Dallas... | The Boneyard

Shock owners to move team to Dallas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I think the market could support it here. Tons of young female basketball players and their families around. I will be taking my daughter!

Reaction Score
Sorry Tulsa, but I think DFW will be more inciting to players. We know Cambage wasn't feeling Oklahoma. Who knows what other players would have signed if they were in a bigger market?

Bring back the Diamonds? Dallas Diamonds.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A kick in the gut to the loyal Tulsa fans.... Poor Tulsa :(

Hopefully they will fail in Dallas and they can move the franchise to Charlotte :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I agree. Hartford Whaler fans know the feeling.

But I also agree that it probably makes good business sense.

I wont make any comments on the Whalers :rolleyes:

But I was a fan of the original Charlotte Hornets ... and then they left to go to New Orleans... 3 years later the NBA gave Charlotte a new franchise..... but it didnt feel the same.

Reaction Score
YAAAAAAY!!!!!! I don't really care about the Shock but now I can go see Maya et al play when they come to town!!

Tulsa wasn't a good location for WBB, OKC probably but Dallas (Big D) a better venue.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tulsa wasn't a good location for WBB, OKC probably but Dallas (Big D) a better venue.

Better market... but unless they are going to play in the American Airlines Center, they are going to play in a lesser venue than they currently do

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Sorry Tulsa, but I think DFW will be more inciting to players. We know Cambage wasn't feeling Oklahoma. Who knows what other players would have signed if they were in a bigger market?

Bring back the Diamonds? Dallas Diamonds.
Not sure we want the players to get any more incited. You saw what happened with Griner and Glory, right? :D But, you're right--a better market.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wonder if this will even be front page news on the Sports section in tomorrow's Dallas Newspaper.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I doubt they will play in the AAC...I wonder if they will play up in Frisco where the NBA D League team plays that might make sense. Lots of families up there!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Come on home, Odyssey! BG, haven't you been in Phoenix long enough? You need to play with a PG that is able and willing to pass you the ball. You and Glory would make a good high/low punch.

I have my computer fired up, ready to order my season tickets.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I doubt they will play in the AAC...I wonder if they will play up in Frisco where the NBA D League team plays that might make sense. Lots of families up there!

Although that would be convenient for me I hope they don't go to a small town like Frisco. They need to play in the AAC. They need to be in the heart of the city as not to make it too far of a drive to get to the games.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
As for a name, I am sure there will be a naming competition. I'm going with the Dallas Vagabonds or DFW Transients.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Come on home, Odyssey! BG, haven't you been in Phoenix long enough? You need to play with a PG that is able and willing to pass you the ball. You and Glory would make a good high/low punch.

I have my computer fired up, ready to order my season tickets.
Oh gracious. Tell me you didn't just say that! :eek: :p

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The Dallas Frack .....has a nice ring to it.
Then maybe get Ford Frick to be the GM.

Actually, I like The Frackers better. You could have a "First Night" intro called "Meet the Frackers."

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
You've heard of the Crimson Tide or the Green Wave? How about the Jade Helm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom