Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Ever been to Norman? :eek:

Reaction Score
She was a high school English teacher!
Ah, yes, I had forgotten she was an English teacher while also coaching the girls bb team. She was probably a very good teacher as well.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"Do your job!"

Gee, where I have I heard this before?

Reaction Score
You are so right! I hadn't seen this particular clip until now and I love the emotion emanating from both Stef and Bria. It says so much for the love that they and their teammates have for each other and for this wonderful coaching staff. The family aspect of this great program!!!!!! Superb!!!

Reaction Score
I just can't figure out why she can't do better recruiting. I would think that many talented girls would love to play for her.

She turned around a losing 5-22 program in a few years and made like 15 straight NCAA tournament appearances including several Sweet Sixteens and Final Fours- that's pretty damn good. And though she's a major project from what I saw of her play in the FIBA Worlds last year, 6'9 recruit Nancy Mulkey could really become a game-changer if she develops, and Coale can bring in a couple other complementary pieces. After reading Coale's article, I'm a fan of her and OU.

Reaction Score
She turned around a losing 5-22 program in a few years and made like 15 straight NCAA tournament appearances including several Sweet Sixteens and Final Fours- that's pretty damn good. And though she's a major project from what I saw of her play in the FIBA Worlds last year, 6'9 recruit Nancy Mulkey could really become a game-changer if she develops, and Coale can bring in a couple other complementary pieces. After reading Coale's article, I'm a fan of her and OU.
After the 1989-90 season OU announced they were dropping WBB. Attendance averaged 65 per game. After a week of complaints they reversed their decision and hired Sherri from Norman High School to be the coach. Now attendance averages ~7000 per game.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
C
Can't say that Its on my bucket list.
You think it's as simple as that?

Well, no, not entirely. But I can think of a lot of places I would rather spend four years! Even WAco, bad as it is, is at least close to Dallas and Austin. Norman is close to Oklahoma City and (gasp) Tulsa.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Norman is awful, full stop. So is Waco, but it is much closer to Dallas/Austin than Norman is to...anything.

Reaction Score
I've been a fan of her ever since the championship game. Was really impressed how she completed herself.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Well, no, not entirely. But I can think of a lot of places I would rather spend four years! Even WAco, bad as it is, is at least close to Dallas and Austin. Norman is close to Oklahoma City and (gasp) Tulsa.
I used to think the same thing. My daughter is opening a charter school in Tulsa and has been there 5 yrs now. I have come to really like it. And the people are great.
Not sure id want to live there- but love visiting.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Sherri Is a class act and always has been. I also had heard that it was Geno that told OU if they didn't hire her they were making a huge mistake. And she was coaching High School at that time I believe.

Reaction Score
Great article! Will always have a level of respect for Coach Coale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member