She’s Back - Paige Available vs. St. John's [merged thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

She’s Back - Paige Available vs. St. John's [merged thread]

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Cheshire Cat.jpg

Reaction Score
Ncaa round 1 = March 18th or 19th, so exactly 3 weeks to get up to speed

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I hate to be a killjoy, and no I'm not a doctor and no I don't think that Geno or the med staff want PB to get reinjured but.......I really don't get it........she was favoring the leg a week ago, doesn't seem to be moving that comfortably the other day and now she's coming back with two games left in the regular season against St Johns when she's clearly not needed? My preference would be for her to continue to practice with the team at least until the first or second game of the Big East Tournament........:eek::oops:
Geno and CD have a wealth of experience repatriating players back into the rotation. You can be sure they will won’t do anything that could put Paige in harm’s way.

Reaction Score
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. This seems awfully quick for the injury she had. Wishing her the best obviously especially long-term which is the most important.

This is where I am. Just last week she was at practice with a huge brace on her knee and no one was allowed with 20 feet of her and now all of a sudden she's ready to run the floor with defenders up in her face????
She might be medically ready but that isn't close to being game ready. Yes, I am very very nervous about this.

Reaction Score
This is where I am. Just last week she was at practice with a huge brace on her knee and no one was allowed with 20 feet of her and now all of a sudden she's ready to run the floor with defenders up in her face????
She might be medically ready but that isn't close to being game ready. Yes, I am very very nervous about this.
Wow you don’t think much of doctors do you?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I missed Bob Joyce's Coaches Show tonight so does anyone know if Geno knew about this news when he was on it? I am guessing that the show is pre-recorded, so maybe this breaking news wasn't discussed.
The doctor’s appointment was today so probably not

Reaction Score
I also want to take a moment to celebrate the young women who hung in there, kept it together, and most importantly kept themselves in it. This season, with a level of disruption I've never seen before, could have turned out very differently. Huge credit to them and I am sure they are more than thrilled to have their teammate back. It immediately gives them a different energy in a very positive way.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ok. Did the Doc get season tickets? :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I want her to enter the game with DeBerry and Piath please. Get their numbers up

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
doctors cleared Durant, we all know what happened vs the raptors in that next game he played.
All injuries get cleared by doctors and not all ended up like Durant. A lot of nephews only say a player was rushed to go back playing if they get injured again and if they don't get injured again, they weren't rushed at all even with the same recovery time or even shorter.

Reaction Score
All injuries get cleared by doctors and not all ended up like Durant. A lot of nephews only say a player was rushed to go back playing if they get injured again and if they don't get injured again, they weren't rushed at all.
And... there is a MOUNTAIN of difference between NCAA WBB and NBA Play Offs given the prize money and more involved with Pro Basketball. Durant went back in too early....a GAMBLE that failed. He and the Team knew they needed him...or at least thought they needed him...to win. That didn't work out the way they hoped.

Paige has been on the mend for 10+ weeks. NO ONE in the process is pushing anything, and we've heard it multiple times... Paige is the one to make final decision on when she returns. I am sure that IF she feels something "off" tomorrow, she will make sure Geno knows and she won't play....and likewise if she is playing and feels something "off" she will come out right away.

Reaction Score
If we want Paige to be at her best in March playing her some minutes in these last 2 games where we should blow St John and Providence out she’ll need to get back in game shape and timing. I like the move just my fingers is crossed cus of how this season is going

Reaction Score
A side note. Mrs. oldude & I were thinking about driving down to the game tomorrow from Saratoga. Unfortunately, we’re going to get hit with a foot of snow through late afternoon, so we decided it would be safer to stay home and watch it on tv.

With that said, I have to wonder what the news of Paige’s return will do for ticket sales at The XL Center for tomorrow’s game?
I will be there even if the state closes I84 (I've done it before).

As far as some who think Paige shouldn't play, I said this once and I'll say it again, a ship is safe in port, but that's not why the ship was built.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom