Shakim Phillips back to BC? | The Boneyard

Shakim Phillips back to BC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is stupid. He's a Senior, he can't transfer back. Has something like this ever happened in the history of college football. The "tweeter" and writer are either idiots or they're attempting to be funny.

Reaction Score
This is stupid. He's a Senior, he can't transfer back. Has something like this ever happened in the history of college football. The "tweeter" and writer are either idiots or they're attempting to be funny.

Unless he'd be immediately eligible his clock would run out while sitting out. Possible if he graduated already, but otherwise not.

Reaction Score
Read somewhere that he is a fifth yr Sr. If so, and he has his degree, than he can transfer without restrictions.

Reaction Score
I knew this would surface instantly. Sounds idiotic if you ask me. From what I have noticed over the past couple of years the kid has all the physical tools and measureables, he just hasn't been consistent enough to be a reliable target. Not to mention has had trouble staying healthy.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If this were to happen, I think we have enough WR depth to soften the blow. If Davis gets hurt this year, then things start to get dicey. But who knows if this is true. He could have been in Boston with some members of the basketball team at Fenway and decided to stop and see some old friends.

Reaction Score
If this were to happen, I think we have enough WR depth to soften the blow. If Davis gets hurt this year, then things start to get dicey. But who knows if this is true. He could have been in Boston with some members of the basketball team at Fenway and decided to stop and see some old friends.

It's not so much the loss of a solid WR, it's where he is heading (all rumor at this point).

There is a ton to like about our WR corps, from upperclassman to the younger guys.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My guess is that he was on BC's campus to visit some old friends because he was up there with the basketball team. Not sure what happened to the women's team (and Bria) and why they weren't part of the Fenway first pitch ceremony, but somebody probably recognized him and started some ridiculous rumor. You know, like Jim Calhoun was interested in coaching BC.

Reaction Score
Read somewhere that he is a fifth yr Sr. If so, and he has his degree, than he can transfer without restrictions.

Yes, he is a fifth year senior. No clue as to whether he has his degree. That's what I already said.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Per recent Des tweets quoting Diaco, Shak is no longer on the team.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Starting with Geremy Davis, what are our top 6 WRs? How was Shak in the spring game...maybe a lot of young guys making strides.

Reaction Score
Desmond Conner @desmondconner · 14m
#UConnFootball coach Bob Diaco on Shak Phillips situation: "If you've never had UConn Dairy Barn Ice Cream would you miss it?"

Huh...? Is Diaco saying that since he never had Phillips as a player he won't miss him?

Edit: That's what I get for reading the last post in the thread first. Apparently that is exactly what he is saying.

Reaction Score
Leads me to believe the offense will be so run-oriented Shak felt he wouldn't be able to put up big numbers.I hope I am wrong.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Leads me to believe the offense will be so run-oriented Shak felt he wouldn't be able to put up big numbers.I hope I am wrong.
I think that's reading too much in to it. We have quite a few WRs that Diaco has spoken highly of and I believe Shak has been dinged up so probably hasn't been fully evaluated, which is why Diaco can't miss what he's never had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom