Shaka Smart, Kevin Ollie and Mark Turgeon coaching Team USA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shaka Smart, Kevin Ollie and Mark Turgeon coaching Team USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
2 observations.
Maryland is an UA school and USA basketball has been a Nike heavy organization for a while.

i wish there was a better offensive minded coach on the staff for Ollie to get some ideas from.

Yep - here we go
Sorry KO - it's just in some people's DNA

Curiouser
Reaction Score
2 observations.
Maryland is an UA school and USA basketball has been a Nike heavy organization for a while.

i wish there was a better offensive minded coach on the staff for Ollie to get some ideas from.
Yes, but maybe Turgeon call share his secrets about transforming bodies, like Stone.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Curtis Sumpter, former Villanova star interesting. Didn't he have a cople injuries which held him back a bit? I think UConn also recruited him pretty hard if I do remember correctly back in the day.

He was still a really good player for Vill. Hurt his knee or something, but I'm pretty sure he was ALL BIG EAST?

Reaction Score
2 observations.

There aren't many "great offensive minds" in NCAA I feel like, the best offensive teams are usually the ones with the most talent. Maybe the Iowa coach ? He's nothing special though. Either way I'm hoping Ollie can revamp his playbook and execution this coming season.

One thing for sure he's gonna teach those kids how to really defend pick n rolls.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score

To echo @caw, if UConn is looking for an assistant and hasn't already decided on KFree, Sharman White should get serious consideration. He clearly has a good relationship with KO, coached Alterique, and is an AWESOME coach. Brought Miller Grove as the only public high school to Dick's Nationals.

Reaction Score
There aren't many "great offensive minds" in NCAA I feel like, the best offensive teams are usually the ones with the most talent. Maybe the Iowa coach ?
Beilein, Larranaga, Brown and Brey all come to mind. I also think Kelvin Sampson is up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom