Shabazz Napier article from Portland | The Boneyard

Shabazz Napier article from Portland

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What’s the Blazers schedule the next 3 days? Would be awesome if he could make a game.

Reaction Score
What’s the Blazers schedule the next 3 days? Would be awesome if he could make a game.
Road trip. He’s out of town.

Really cool article , pjf performance is a good ig follow too.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Road trip. He’s out of town.

Really cool article , pjf performance is a good ig follow too.
I figured they were out given their arena is being used for the tournament. Didn’t know if they had time off

Reaction Score
the difference is really noticeable in how he moves on the court, I never really viewed Bazz as a fast or even quick guy but he looks remarkably fast with the ball now. His feet also look quicker moving laterally on D as well.

Reaction Score
Great article showing Shabazz's mental toughness and determination. That mind-frame is what had him stay at Uconn during the ban, and lead his team to the title; (alongside another guard who's pretty familiar with adversity).

Guy never makes excuses and puts the work in. Nice to see he's still a hungry husky in the league.

Reaction Score
Inspiring Guy

"When Napier headed back up to Portland in August to prepare for the season he had made impressive strides, improving his vertical jump by nearly five inches and shaving 20 seconds off his hill sprints, climbing the sand dunes in 43 seconds by the end of July.

It was a taxing offseason regimen but not that far off from what Napier has done in previous summers. Even heading into a crucial contract year and a potential make-or-beak season with the Blazers, Napier said his motivation to climb hills and push through six-hour days in the gym was more about himself than his situation."

Reaction Score
Couldn't be better timing for him from a money standpoint. He will never make the crazy money that some mid-level players make, but he could parlay 15-20 minutes and 8-12 ppg into a decent longer term contract. He is making $2.3M this year and has a qualifying offer of $3.4M next year. Portland may want to sign him to a longer term deal rather than have him as a restricted FA after this year or a unrestricted FA after 2018. After his experience in Orlando things are really looking up for Shabazz.

Reaction Score
he was doing some awesome stuff in Orange County. I saw a video of him two-handing a tomahawk dunk. Love to see the work pay off

Reaction Score
This is unreal. Living proof that hard work and perseverance pays off. He came to the NBA a talented basketball player but not a superior athlete. That is all changing. He may be in the league for a some time!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
He just needs to stay away from those 7-11 ptomaine chicken wings!

Reaction Score
It doesn’t get better than Bazz when one considers what he did for us, but to see him push himself to the max is inspiring. He will never have to say to himself if only I had trained harder. I really hope he gets that next big contract, and if he continues to get pt he will.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
the difference is really noticeable in how he moves on the court, I never really viewed Bazz as a fast or even quick guy but he looks remarkably fast with the ball now. His feet also look quicker moving laterally on D as well.

Think I mentioned the same to you the other day. Total agreement there.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
"When Napier headed back up to Portland in August to prepare for the season he had made impressive strides, improving his vertical jump by nearly five inches and...

Five inches? That is absurd.

I worked out for a summer between Junior and Senior years of high school, in hopes of making the starting lineup. I managed to improve my vertical by damn near a half inch.

I went from first big off the bench as a junior to rarely playing a meaningful minute as a senior.

Good times.

Reaction Score
I could see him being a solid 2nd guard for the next 5 years, easily.

Bazz is going to be making a whole lot of money, despite his size amd athleticism weaknesses. Shows that hard work pays off. But it isnt called easy work for a reason...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Five inches? That is absurd.

I worked out for a summer between Junior and Senior years of high school, in hopes of making the starting lineup. I managed to improve my vertical by damn near a half inch.

I went from first big off the bench as a junior to rarely playing a meaningful minute as a senior.

Good times.

How close to the peach basket did your fingers get?

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Shabazz is my favorite Husky of all time, and I grew up with Kimball and Bialosuknia.
Wow. Great news for me. I thought I was the only one who grew up with Kimball. lo l Well I was a very young kid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom