Shabazz headed to the big apple? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shabazz headed to the big apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ironically the last 2 players to lead their teams to a national title: napier and tyus jones are having the same problem. I believe it is the size which is unfortunate(esp in tyus case since minnesota just sucks and can't get playing time). I definitely would like to see napier join lebron in cleveland, I mean you can't tell me that dirty pos delladenova is better than shabazz? Dude gets beat by his man on defense every single damn time!

Reaction Score
Really? So it's NBA or bust?
Nothing about Shabazz suggests he is ready to give up playing. If you are willing, shabazz can play overseas and make a lot of money. Maybe even turn a few heads with some steady playing time.
My opinion for sure, but I don't see a close nba talent give up to coach for charity. Not in his prime.

Reading comprehension?

Where did I say anything that has any similarity to "NBA or bust"? I prefaced everything I said with this is purely based on opinion, and you go ahead and invent everything you think I said, tell me that I'm saying he's going to coach for charity... (WHAT?!) To me, the guy looks like he loves the game of basketball and just the way he was on the sidelines as a senior, you see the coach in him.

I mean obviously I'm wrong because you're so adamant about the absurdity of the claims that I never once made, so I'll just slink back into the corner sir. Can I freshen up your coffee?

Reaction Score
Reading comprehension?

Where did I say anything that has any similarity to "NBA or bust"? I prefaced everything I said with this is purely based on opinion, and you go ahead and invent everything you think I said, tell me that I'm saying he's going to coach for charity... (WHAT?!) To me, the guy looks like he loves the game of basketball and just the way he was on the sidelines as a senior, you see the coach in him.

I mean obviously I'm wrong because you're so adamant about the absurdity of the claims that I never once made, so I'll just slink back into the corner sir. Can I freshen up your coffee?
Settle down.
You mentioned cutting his career short and coaching in Roxbury. Is that not true? What, from anything you know about Shabazz, makes that your opinion?
my opinion, and it's somewhat educated, is that a coach in Roxbury won't make nearly as much as an almost NBA talent overseas in their prime. So, if he were to coach in Roxbury, as opposed to playing overseas, it would be charitable on his part.
Just because you throw a disclaimer about your opinion, I can't question your meaning? Geez! Maybe just a little sensitive dude?

Reaction Score
Bazz is probably going to be a middle to end bench player in the NBA if he is able to stick. He could have a pro career but it may end up being a career overseas. There are worse jobs for young man his age.

Reaction Score
Settle down.
You mentioned cutting his career short and coaching in Roxbury. Is that not true? What, from anything you know about Shabazz, makes that your opinion?
my opinion, and it's somewhat educated, is that a coach in Roxbury won't make nearly as much as an almost NBA talent overseas in their prime. So, if he were to coach in Roxbury, as opposed to playing overseas, it would be charitable on his part.
Just because you throw a disclaimer about your opinion, I can't question your meaning? Geez! Maybe just a little sensitive dude?

Well I don't believe that former players who get into coaching just shout "Hey, I'd like to coach!" at the wall and then get calls from NBA front offices about their coaching positions. It's my understanding that a lot of guys get a start coaching as an assistant somewhere they've come from and/or have connections, maybe they're the head coach, and they use the connection there to get some experience and get looks from colleges or higher. I guess you consider it "charity" for a guy to maybe want to coach at a small insignificant school he went to and maybe has some connection to and wants to be the one to make them succeed or put them on the map to a degree, but I wouldn't call it charity. I guess to you if someone doesn't decide to do whatever would pay the most into their pocket, they are performing an act of charity, but I think its more about personal gratification and validation, being a part of making a place you went through better.

It's completely moronic for you to on my opinions and give yours and pretend yours are fact-based, that's what makes you a giant ass. You could've responded, "I don't know I disagree, I think he'd rather play in Europe for 8 years until he's not effective and then try coaching afterwards" and opened an actual exchange, a conversation if you will... but you didn't, because you're an ass

Reaction Score
Well I don't believe that former players who get into coaching just shout "Hey, I'd like to coach!" at the wall and then get calls from NBA front offices about their coaching positions. It's my understanding that a lot of guys get a start coaching as an assistant somewhere they've come from and/or have connections, maybe they're the head coach, and they use the connection there to get some experience and get looks from colleges or higher. I guess you consider it "charity" for a guy to maybe want to coach at a small insignificant school he went to and maybe has some connection to and wants to be the one to make them succeed or put them on the map to a degree, but I wouldn't call it charity. I guess to you if someone doesn't decide to do whatever would pay the most into their pocket, they are performing an act of charity, but I think its more about personal gratification and validation, being a part of making a place you went through better.

It's completely moronic for you to on my opinions and give yours and pretend yours are fact-based, that's what makes you a giant ass. You could've responded, "I don't know I disagree, I think he'd rather play in Europe for 8 years until he's not effective and then try coaching afterwards" and opened an actual exchange, a conversation if you will... but you didn't, because you're an ass

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am not going to get involved in a negative back and forth. But I do think the idea of a healthy 24 year old is going to cut short a playing career (when earning 6-7 figures annually) to go into coaching is far fetched.

Reaction Score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 3m3 minutes ago
Chicago and Orlando are discussing a deal for Shabazz Napier, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Unless Brooks or Heinrich are part of the deal I don't see this as much of a better situation for Shabazz, if at all. Chicago already had three point guards on the roster. Both Brooks and Heinrich are aging so maybe the Bulls see Shabazz as a replacement for one of them but as things stand there's sort of a log jam there right now.

Reaction Score
Unless Brooks or Heinrich are part of the deal I don't see this as much of a better situation for Shabazz, if at all. Chicago already had three point guards on the roster. Both Brooks and Heinrich are aging so maybe the Bulls see Shabazz as a replacement for one of them but as things stand there's sort of a log jam there right now.
Looks like it would be for brooks, so that opens that logjam a little.

Reaction Score

Neither of those guys are viewed as a long term solution by any stretch of the imagination...they would love to be rid of Heinrich's contract and Brooks isn't any good. In any case, sounds like the deal would be Bazz for Brooks (per CSN Chicago).

Reaction Score

Looks like despite the fact that he's played for two teams (gasp), some teams still like him.

Reaction Score

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bulls discussing trade with Magic about G Shabazz Napier for Aaron Brooks, according to a source</p>&mdash; Vincent Goodwill (@vgoodwill) <a href="">February 18, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reaction Score
The real dream would be Kemba on the Knicks, but I'd accept Shabazz as a consolation

Wow, that actually starts to look like a viable Knicks team. But, if it happens, I want Lamb to follow and come off the bench for some of those Kemba kick outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom