Shabazz headed to the big apple? | The Boneyard

Shabazz headed to the big apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hear that rumor and it says the knicks are "kicking the tires" to get him, he's done well at msg ;)

Reaction Score
Just want to see him get some consistent PT and have he chance to prove himself.

Reaction Score
Not too many Uconn alums have actually played for the Knicks. Travis Knight comes to mind and I cant think of any others

Reaction Score
Bazz isn't an NBA starter unfortunately .
Not yet! Seriously though I have to wonder if some of these guys dont make it because they arent good enough or because they havent gotten a real chance. I havent followed Shabazz enough in the NBA, but when I look at Kemba starting and Lamb, i cant help but to think that Bazz has starter ability too.

Reaction Score
Kemba was drafted into a much different situation than Shabazz was. Though it's highly likely that Kemba has the better NBA career, he was drafted onto the Bobcats and instantly had a chance to grow and fail as a young player. IIRC, his first year was that lockout shortened season in which the Bobcats had the worst winning % in NBA history. If you give a guy like Shabazz the time to grow and allow him to fail a little bit, I think he has the ability to be a starter but he would probably need to fall into a better situation where he gets the time to grow. Look at Lamb, I'm sure last year many people thought he couldn't be a quality NBA player because Brooks buried him on the depth chart for every mistake he made. He's playing well in Charlotte because he has the freedom to play within his style, and doesn't have to look over his shoulder for every single missed shot.

Not yet! Seriously though I have to wonder if some of these guys dont make it because they arent good enough or because they havent gotten a real chance. I havent followed Shabazz enough in the NBA, but when I look at Kemba starting and Lamb, i cant help but to think that Bazz has starter ability too.

Reaction Score
Bazz isn't an NBA starter unfortunately .

Agreed.

Doesn't have the size, quickness and hasn't shown the shooting ability he showed in college. Two franchises haven't seen anything from Bazz to give him playing time and the Heat have come out and said LeBron screwed them because they would have never even drafted Bazz if LeBron hadn't said he wanted him.

He will most likely be out of hte league when his contract expires.

Reaction Score
i cant help but to think that Bazz has starter ability too.

Bazz starting situation requires location, meaning the right team and that would probably be temporarily. Also Bazz would always have a short leash, and wouldl have to awatch his back even beyond the bench. Many players want that million plus dollars he's making and will think he's vulnerable (only because of size, and perhaps a couple other limitations). Nate Robinson rarely started but makes a good living. Ollie is a phone call away for good advice.

It is what it is, he has limited security, nothing to do with talent in as much as the team he is playing for. Taller guards can do as much as he can and many a little bit more. I also don't think he belongs overseas or in the D league. He's a Champion worth keeping around as a bench product and insurance.

I feel his agent should be constantly scouring and researching teams void of a 'true' point guard where Bazz can get some shine (i.e. playing time). If not he needs to fire his agent pronto and sign with a hungry worker having Bazz interests in front.

Orlando is not investing in Bazz or even showing Bazz any security. Anyway its a tough business, Bazz has a degree and he is talented beyond basketball, he will not fail.

Reaction Score
Bazz starting situation requires location, meaning the right team and that would probably be temporarily. Also Bazz would always have a short leash, and wouldl have to awatch his back even beyond the bench. Many players want that million plus dollars he's making and will think he's vulnerable (only because of size, and perhaps a couple other limitations). Nate Robinson rarely started but makes a good living. Ollie is a phone call away for good advice.

It is what it is, he has limited security, nothing to do with talent in as much as the team he is playing for. Taller guards can do as much as he can and many a little bit more. I also don't think he belongs overseas or in the D league. He's a Champion worth keeping around as a bench product and insurance.

I feel his agent should be constantly scouring and researching teams void of a 'true' point guard where Bazz can get some shine (i.e. playing time). If not he needs to fire his agent pronto and sign with a hungry worker having Bazz interests in front.

Orlando is not investing in Bazz or even showing Bazz any security. Anyway its a tough business, Bazz has a degree and he is talented beyond basketball, he will not fail.

I have nothing but opinion to base this on but I definitely see Bazz wanting to be involved with coaching to some degree. I could see him cutting his playing career short to get started coaching, maybe he starts back near Roxbury and grows from there. He just looks like he'd make sense in a suit with a clipboard shouting at kids

Reaction Score

What do Kemba and Lamb have to do with whether or not Shabazz is an NBA-caliber starting PG?

Reaction Score
As much as I'd like to see Bazz in a better situation, being moved to your third team in your first two NBA seasons would be really bad for him. Just ask Thomas Robinson...

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
As much as I'd like to see Bazz in a better situation, being moved to your third team in your first two NBA seasons would be really bad for him. Just ask Thomas Robinson...
Right, or Chauncey Billups

Reaction Score
Right, or Chauncey Billups

Are you really comparing Bazz to Billups?

Billups was 4 time first team all state, 3 time Mr basketball colorado, 2 time player of year for Colorado and a mcdonalds all American.

He then averaged 18 ppg as a freshman and was an all American and was drafted 3rd overall after his freshman year.

He was also 6'3

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Are you really comparing Bazz to Billups?

Billups was 4 time first team all state, 3 time Mr basketball colorado, 2 time player of year for Colorado and a mcdonalds all American.

He then averaged 18 ppg as a freshman and was an all American and was drafted 3rd overall after his freshman year.

He was also 6'3
OK, I'll compare him to someone he has a lot in common with, like Thomas Robinson.

Reaction Score
Perhaps Shabazz can become more of a Danny Green than a Thomas Robinson.

Reaction Score

Agreed! He needs the right situation, and i think having been in the league for a bit now and he hasnt busted out, the perception is that he just isnt that good. I think that might be unfair, i just think he never really got a fair shake. I think he kind of needs that strange window of oppurtunity like Jeremy Lin got with the Knicks and then he has to actually capitalize on it. Thats why it would be nice if the KNicks got rid of Jose, and just had Shabazz and Grant as their points. If Shabazz couldnt turn some heads getting around half of the pt for that position then maybe he isnt all that great at the NBA level. I just think he would produce personally, but we kind of need to see him in that perfect situation before we'll know.

Reaction Score
I have nothing but opinion to base this on but I definitely see Bazz wanting to be involved with coaching to some degree. I could see him cutting his playing career short to get started coaching, maybe he starts back near Roxbury and grows from there. He just looks like he'd make sense in a suit with a clipboard shouting at kids
Really? So it's NBA or bust?
Nothing about Shabazz suggests he is ready to give up playing. If you are willing, shabazz can play overseas and make a lot of money. Maybe even turn a few heads with some steady playing time.
My opinion for sure, but I don't see a close nba talent give up to coach for charity. Not in his prime.

Reaction Score
Shabazz should send Lebron a xmas card every year. That one tweet got him into the 1st round when he probably was headed into the 2nd round. Regardless of what happens to the rest of his career, its was a nice little pay day there.

Reaction Score
Shabazz should send Lebron a xmas card every year. That one tweet got him into the 1st round when he probably was headed into the 2nd round. Regardless of what happens to the rest of his career, its was a nice little pay day there.
He deserved first round dude. Some guys had him going in the mid to late teens, you don't get leaders like him everyday, and his senior year performance was Kemba-Lite. He hasn't performed great but he also hasnt had many opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom