SFA/VCU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SFA/VCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Three out of four 12's knock off the 5's. Unbelievable. Lots of peeps called this game but nobody called that.

Reaction Score
Just saw the replay for the first time. IMO VCU got screwed, the guy shooting the three took a dive and the ref fell for it. Complete garbage.

he probably was that is why you don't put it in the hands of these refs we know all to well about how these refs are you leave your feet you will get caught.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Just saw the replay for the first time. IMO VCU got screwed, the guy shooting the three took a dive and the ref fell for it. Complete garbage.

I agree. I think most college refs are idiots.

Reaction Score

They definitely screwed them but you know they will call that when you go flying at a guy and he falls to the ground with an acting job worthy of an Oscar.

Don't go near him.

Reaction Score
They definitely screwed them but you know they will call that when you go flying at a guy and he falls to the ground with an acting job worthy of an Oscar.

Don't go near him.

if he didn't leave his feet he would have been fine

Reaction Score
Idiots, not idiots. Bad call, good call. Flop or legit, DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO TOUCHING HIM.

I agree but the ref shouldn't blow the whistle unless he can see contact, there wasn't any. The refs should know that these guys are trained to take a dive. This is becoming an epidemic too, it happens every game, every three point shooter is flopping.

Reaction Score
I agree but the ref shouldn't blow the whistle unless he can see contact, there wasn't any. The refs should know that these guys are trained to take a dive.

exactly, that is why you don't put the game in these refs hands to make a judgement call, don't take that chance.

Reaction Score
I agree but the ref shouldn't blow the whistle unless he can see contact, there wasn't any. The refs should know that these guys are trained to take a dive.

You trust refs to make the right calls all the time? Most suck. And many call what they anticipate, not what they see.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Idiots, not idiots. Bad call, good call. Flop or legit, DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO TOUCHING HIM.

The fact that you would even say that shows how bad officiating is. Players should be allowed to play defense if they are 1 second into the game or with 1 second left. Not fouling is not fouling.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I agree but the ref shouldn't blow the whistle unless he can see contact, there wasn't any. The refs should know that these guys are trained to take a dive. This is becoming an epidemic too, it happens every game, every three point shooter is flopping.

All the more reason not to come close to him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
exactly, that is why you don't put the game in these refs hands to make a judgement call, don't take that chance.

I think everyone is saying basically the same thing. In a situation like that, if the defense does not run off the court, then the refs feel justified in deciding the outcome of the game.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
It's like taking a called third strike with the tying run on third and two outs in the bottom of the 9th... Don't let the ump make the play for you.

Reaction Score
It's like taking a called third strike with the tying run on third and two outs in the bottom of the 9th... Don't let the ump make the play for you.

Yeah, but in this case the ball bounced on the plate. Bad call. If this were a UCONN game we would already have the ref's address posted and a posse en route.

Reaction Score
I think everyone is saying basically the same thing. In a situation like that, if the defense does not run off the court, then the refs feel justified in deciding the outcome of the game.

there is no conspiracy its a judgement call, VCU is dumber then the refs are idiots, they had their chances to wrap it up

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

It is not like that at all. There is no corollary in baseball for the kind of stupidity that occurs with college officiating. The refs in college basketball call the game differently in the last 2 minutes than they do in the first 38. The refs make up rules (like rewarding flops). there is nothing like that in baseball.

Reaction Score
VCU, UMass, St. Joes and GW all out in the first round. St. Louis squeaks by NC State, the team nobody thought should be in the tourney. Can't say the A-10 has lived up to expectations.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Well I guess we are all correct in saying that the game should never have come to that. From the fact that mets turning it off thinking it was over, to you Nelson saying VCU dribbled holes in the floor in overtime (and I realize that was after this play, but it's just more proof that VCU had their chances) VCU put themselves in a hole they shouldn't have ever been in.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
VCU, UMass, St. Joes and GW all out in the first round. St. Louis squeaks by NC State, the team nobody thought should be in the tourney. Can't say the A-10 has lived up to expectations.

Based on seedings, the A10 should have gone 3-3. They ended up 2-4. Not exactly a catastrophic performance.

Reaction Score
Shaka lost a lot of standing last night. Team played poorly when it counted. No longer the hot commodity he was two years ago.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Or, could. Either works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer