Setting up to be a 7 Seed | The Boneyard

Setting up to be a 7 Seed

Reaction Score
The NET and KenPom will help but we heading to a middle of the pack seed and potentially will have to beat a one seed to make it out of the first weekend. At 14-0 it was starting to feel like final-four and since, elite-elite, sixteen to now winning a single tournament game. If nothing else, I have learned Santa Clause isn’t real this season.

Reaction Score
At this point as long as we aren’t in the 8-9 game I’m ok. I think the Hurley and the staff watch a lot of film in the off week and redefine our “identity”. Get buy in to take Adama out to the top and give Hawkins and Newton much more space to drive. I think we go on a run and play our way into a 4-6 seed with play in the BET.

Seeding won’t matter if we are playing like a top 10-15 team in March with a true go to player. We will be a nightmare matchup for a lot of teams especially non BE teams. Feel a lot better after the last two games.

Reaction Score
Kind of expected 6-8 seed at start of year, but after our start it does feel super disappointing.

But here's to playing like they did in the second half of last night's game the rest of the year

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Exactly. Right now we’re a 2-seed. I don’t know what posts which say what “we’re heading for . . .” mean. I think it’s just fans who are discouraged and are fearing the worst. Fear is our enemy right now.
We are a five or six seed right now. We are nowhere near a two-seed.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Right now we’re a 2-seed. I don’t know what posts which say what “we’re heading for . . .” mean. I think it’s just fans who are discouraged and are fearing the worst. Fear is our enemy right now.
We are not anywhere near a 2 seed, nor will we be unless we drop at most one more regular season game and win the BET. Right now we're as likely to miss the tournament as to grab a two seed. Those metrics listed above are great but we're 2-6 in our last 8 and we have almost certainly have 2-4 more losses in the regular season.

Reaction Score
At this point I just want to get in the tournament and win 1 game. I think that’s very reasonable and it gets the monkey off the back for Hurley and the program. Need to adjust and I think we need to play sanogo on the perimeter a little more, setting pick and roll/pop screens, he’s shooting well enough to aim to shoot 2-3 3’s a game as of right now. Need to get Newton and Hawkins playing downhill more and focus on running offense for them. Toy with more zone d for the season and I think that should be doable. Can’t go far relying on post ups, a dying art in a sport becoming predicted on offensive efficiency.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
We are a five or six seed right now. We are nowhere near a two-seed.
That's in line with what DeCourcy said last night during PC halftime. He would have us a #5 seed.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just win one NCAA game to start. Just one. After the recent tumble seeding is becoming more important to winning that initial contest

Reaction Score
A 2 seed that's about to drop out of the rankings?

Rankings are meaningless and are nit part of the seeding criteria. NCAA Net is and right now they have us ranked #7. That’s a 2-seed. Maybe the committee drops us to a 3 or even a 4, but they’ll start with us as a 2.

To make the argument that we’re a 5, 6, or 7, those posters are going to explain who the teams are who have better credentials than we do. Seedlings aren’t made in the abstract. There’s a context.

Reaction Score
i just dont wanna be the 4/5 in purdue or houston's region. otherwise dont care if we're a 4, 5, 6, or 7 seed.

all the other 1, 2, and 3 seeds are interchangeable.

Reaction Score
Remarkably we are still #7 in NET and #6 in Kenpom after last night. That will help seeding a lot.
9 BE games to go....really need the home wins against Prov & Marquette and to avoid bad home losses to keep those high Metrics ranks. The metrics don't translate to a 2 seed right now despite what some may think....a 5 seed seems right imo.

I would say a 2 seed is the absolute ceiling if go 8-1 rest of way depending on what the current 1 & 2's do. The most likely outcome based on the mediocdre way we're paying right now is probably a 11-9 BE finsish and a 4-5 seed. Can we go 6-3 the rest of way is the question.

The perfect 11-0 non-conf record with the high quality neutral & road wins ( Bama / IA St / FL on road / OR ) keeps us in the Tourney barring a complete collapse which is very unlikely.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rankings are meaningless and are nit part of the seeding criteria. NCAA Net is and right now they have us ranked #7. That’s a 2-seed. Maybe the committee drops us to a 3 or even a 4, but they’ll start with us as a 2.

To make the argument that we’re a 5, 6, or 7, those posters are going to explain who the teams are who have better credentials than we do. Seedlings aren’t made in the abstract. There’s a context.
NET is a major factor they take into account but not the only one. If the tournament started tomorrow UConn is looking at a 5 seed, which is where Lunardi and just about everyone else has us. We beat a couple of the ranked teams left on our schedule and we could get up to a 3 seed with that and winning the BET. We continue playing like we are and we're almost definitely a 7+ seed. Talk about NET all you want, and it is important, but even the committee has come out and said eye test and other factors play a part - nevermind that there's almost no chance we're still NET top ten on this trajectory.

Reaction Score
9 BE games to go....really need the home wins against Prov & Marquette and to avoid bad home losses to keep those high Metrics ranks. The metrics don't translate to a 2 seed right now despite what some may think....a 5 seed seems right imo.

I would say a 2 seed is the absolute ceiling if go 8-1 rest of way depending on what the current 1 & 2's do. The most likely outcome based on the mediocdre way we're paying right now is probably a 11-9 BE finsish and a 4-5 seed. Can we go 6-3 the rest of way is the question.

The perfect 11-0 non-conf record with the high quality neutral & road wins ( Bama / IA St / FL on road / OR ) keeps us in the Tourney barring a complete collapse which is very unlikely.
8 and 1 the rest of the way? The weed dispensaries must be open in Ct.

Reaction Score

They are nowhere near a 2 seed as of today. From the NCAA website:

“The NET is one of many resources/tools available to the committee in the selection, seeding and bracketing process. Computer models cannot accurately evaluate qualitative factors such as games missed by key players or coaches, travel difficulties and other effects of specific games.

Each committee member independently evaluates a vast amount of information during the process to make individual decisions. It is these qualitative, quantitative and subjective opinions -- developed after hours of personal observations, discussion with coaches, directors of athletics and commissioners, and review and comparison of various data -- that each individual ultimately will determine their vote on all issues related to selections, seeding and bracketing.”

NET is part of the process but it is not the tipping scale factor or end all be all factor. UConn has regressed as the season has progressed. Their seeding will be hurt by this regardless of what their NET is as of today. If they go on a run and turn things around they can most definitely improve their chances of being a 2 seed but that’s a long ways away as of today and how they have performed over the past month

Reaction Score
8 and 1 the rest of the way? The weed dispensaries must be open in Ct.
I said 8-1 best case scenario if wanted 2 seed. I also said more likely 6-3 or worse. Maybe you're the high one with the reading comprehension ;)

Reaction Score
Totally agree.

It's January. Things will change all across the college basketball between now and then.

But, this holds some weight:

Reaction Score
We have to finish the BE regular season with a winning record. That has to be the focus. We have lost 2 home games and won 1 road game. No looking to March BS as if we have a losing BE record March is out.

Reaction Score
I said 8-1 best case scenario if wanted 2 seed. I also said more likely 6-3 or worse. Maybe you're the high one with the reading comprehension ;)
To even put that as a best case after what we have witnessed lately is not realistic and 6-3 seems unlikely but I like you hope for the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom