Seton Hall Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Seton Hall game:
  • Second game in the books, and first conference game against a tough and quick opponent. This was a good early test for our young Huskies. UConn passed the test, but it wasn’t always pretty.
  • Seton Hall’s Park-Lane looks like she should be in Jr HS, but she’s got game. She forced Geno to go to a zone in the second half when she got Paige into foul trouble.
  • 9-player rotation again tonight. While that will be beneficial in the long run, there was a lack of continuity at times and too many turnovers.
  • Paige looks like she can get into the lane and get her shot anytime she wants.
  • Aaliyah is a force of nature. She will push someone on this team for a starting spot, although I'm not sure just who that is yet.
  • The Huskies will go as far as Paige takes them this season. I know we are only 2 games into the season, but I haven’t seen a better guard in WBB, and she'll only get better.

Reaction Score
Paige is amazing, I just can’t believe she is better than I would’ve ever thought.

A. Edward’s is a monster and only going to get better

CWill - played great, although still misses some wide open and layups.

ONO - played pretty well, but I don’t see much improvement from end of last year.

Evina - steady and does so many things for this team. Still hasn’t got her offensive confidence back yet but she is just so well rounded and you can see she’s got a great defensive mentality.

Mir - looked great with her limited minutes, great offensive rebounding ability.

Aubrey - was ok, she’s still too hesitant and loses some easy passes off her hands. I think she needs to just be aggressive and attack the rim or play the mid range jumper, which I believe she has

Muhl- she’s been worse than I thought, but I will give her benefit of doubt given adjustment and her foot injury.

Ana - was ok, I don’t think she improved much but she’s a shooter that can spread the floor and a must for our team given lack of shooters

Piath - you see the movement and her agility but is so raw

Autumn - glad she got it.

Reaction Score
Coming into this season, I expected Paige to make good reads, find open players, and be a good offensive player. I didn't expect her to be far and away our best offensive option, and as efficient as she is. I know it has only been two games, but if she keeps up these efficiency numbers, there is no way you can keep her out of the AA discussion. Glad she knocked in a few long balls too.

Aaliyah, lets face it, has a higher ceiling than Olivia. She has the athleticism, coordination, instincts, and strength to be very effective. I hope she continues to learn and get better, because she has the ability to elevate this team immensely.

These two players, paired with Azzi, look to me like the foundation of Uconn's next era.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I know she’s young, but it’s going to be super hard to keep Paige off at least one of the All American teams.
As I watched Paige today I had two thoughts. My first thought was that Paige is better than Ionescu was as a freshman. My second thought is that Paige may actually be better than Ionescu was as a senior.

Reaction Score
Fox Sports App was better, but not adequate.

PB doesn't look like a killer, but she is. Quickly becoming her team.

Would like to see AE start in place of ONO. I think she could be more effective offensively than ONO right now.

48 points from freshmen is huge.

Reaction Score
As I watched Paige today I had two thoughts. My first thought was that Paige is better than Ionescu was as a freshman. My second thought is that Paige may actually be better than Ionescu was as a senior.
Absolutely, this year and the next three are going to be a whole lotta' fun! The end to end drive at the end of the half was ridiculous!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom