September UConn recruiting thread | The Boneyard

September UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope UConn has offered her by now. It was her first choice a while ago but haven’t heard anything since.
Still her first choice until we hear otherwise. I believe she is going into her freshman year. I wouldn’t expect and offer until at least the end of her sophomore year at the earliest. If UConn is truly her dream school, it will be there when she is ready in the coaches eyes.

Reaction Score
Jana El Alfy was at Mohegan last night. Visiting UConn today?
Hopefully! She may also learn that Connecticut probably has a professional WNBA team mostly because of the fan base of the Huskies. The greater Hartford area on paper would not be a logical site for a franchise in a league that only has 12, if not for the huge base of Husky fans and women's basketball fans.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That’s great news! Official or unofficial visit? Let’s hope she’s impressed!
I don't see any reason why she would pay her parents money (unofficial) to come visit UCONN when she does not have to.
BTW Jana visited Louisville in July and it will be interesting to see if she makes any more college visits.

Reaction Score
I don't see any reason why she would pay her parents money (unofficial) to come visit UCONN when she does not have to.
BTW Jana visited Louisville in July and it will be interesting to see if she makes any more college visits.
Since her dad's her coach and she says in the video from a couple years ago that she wants to be a coach like him, it sounds like the staff will be a big factor in the decision. As a 2023 kid it's getting late in the process and if they were sold on the L'ville staff there would be little need to take an OV to UConn. I'd think this would wrap things up. ;)

Reaction Score
I'm not one who is deep in the know about official visits but it seems like anything sanctioned by the NCAA comes with lots of rules and strings... I have to think if I had the means, I'd want to do unofficial visits in order to have more freedom.....

Reaction Score
I'm not one who is deep in the know about official visits but it seems like anything sanctioned by the NCAA comes with lots of rules and strings... I have to think if I had the means, I'd want to do unofficial visits in order to have more freedom.....
No real difference except the cost of lodging and a couple plane tickets all the way from Egypt makes an OV much more attractive. For a rising HS senior the rest of the rules are basically the same.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The notable differences in terms of freedom is regarding the duration & timing of the visits which I'm not sure would really be offset by the cost for someone coming from Egypt to Storrs with family. Official visits are limited to 48 hours on campus and unofficial visits are unlimited.
This table is a good to compare the type of visits.

Reaction Score
Thanks all for the info.... The thing that popped out at me were the standardized test score submission requirement for an official visit. I wonder how many foreign students take them until they have really decided to apply to a US school and are confident about taking them.....

Reaction Score
Since her dad's her coach and she says in the video from a couple years ago that she wants to be a coach like him, it sounds like the staff will be a big factor in the decision. As a 2023 kid it's getting late in the process and if they were sold on the L'ville staff there would be little need to take an OV to UConn. I'd think this would wrap things up. ;)

She’s a keeper! Sign her up! What a great personality to go along with solid basketball skills. A very impressive young lady!

Reaction Score
Bobby J, hope you are correct. My guess it has been between Louisville and U Conn since Auriemma offered. Does anyone know whether she actually visited campus, either officially or on her own ? Thanks.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Bobby J, hope you are correct. My guess it has been between Louisville and U Conn since Auriemma offered. Does anyone know whether she actually visited campus, either officially or on her own ? Thanks.
Doubtful Geno offered before the visit. She was on campus today. You can see her at the end of the practice video posted in the other thread. She appears to be looking at her phone. Uh oh ...

She may have visited Duke this week. UCLA may be in the picture as well. Jeff probably wishing she had skipped the FIBA U17 World Cup.

Reaction Score
Doubtful Geno offered before the visit. She was on campus today. You can see her at the end of the practice video posted in the other thread. She appears to be looking at her phone. Uh oh ...

She may have visited Duke this week. UCLA may be in the picture as well. Jeff probably wishing she had skipped the FIBA U17 World Cup.
She was texting her dad to tell him how much she liked what she saw in practice.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I looked at that video multiple times, but couldn’t see Jana. Your eyes must be much better than mine.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I looked at that video multiple times, but couldn’t see Jana. Your eyes must be much better than mine.

It is at the 37 second mark of the video right before the driving basket by Ines. She is seated by herself on the sideline in a white sweat shirt and dark pants and as @UConnCat said she is looking at phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom