FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Breaking news

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Well, that escalated quickly.

Did he jump into his Bob's Big Boy spaceship and launch himself into orbit?

Reaction Score
It's as if he wanted to win the election as a final F.U. to the rest of the world, before resigning. He knew he would win, and he knew he was going to get 'effed' eventually with this investigation.

Oh well, it is a good thing. Now we will see if people are genuinely ready for change and transparency.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
images

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Oh well, it is a good thing. Now we will see if people are genuinely ready for change and transparency.
This seems to be the theme amongst the reactions. It's great he's gone but there is much more still to do.

I get the sense that just replacing him will not do anything. Sweeping changes need to happen and if Blatter resigned, it's likely that the investigation is going to uncover a whole heck of a lot more! Hope to see some fireworks bur I'm still keeping my excitement under wraps for now.

Reaction Score
From CNN "Asked if the U.S. investigation had cleared Blatter, Attorney General Loretta Lynch told reporters, "I'm not able to comment further on Mr. Blatter's status." U.S. officials told CNN on Tuesday that the FBI corruption investigation into FIFA's president continues."

Could it be that Sepp is cooperating with the FBI in their investigation? In exchange for the FBI not filing charges against him he agrees to give sup everybody else, and agrees to resign as head of FIFA? Dunno.

Reaction Score
From CNN "Asked if the U.S. investigation had cleared Blatter, Attorney General Loretta Lynch told reporters, "I'm not able to comment further on Mr. Blatter's status." U.S. officials told CNN on Tuesday that the FBI corruption investigation into FIFA's president continues."

Could it be that Sepp is cooperating with the FBI in their investigation? In exchange for the FBI not filing charges against him he agrees to give sup everybody else, and agrees to resign as head of FIFA? Dunno.

It's either that or the Executive Commitee turned on him because they got wind of something pending with him. Once he loses the Exco he's done.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

If they got Blatter to turn I cannot WAIT for the fun to begin.....my guess is that it's more likely that the higher ups saw the writing on the wall and forced him out.

Reaction Score
Best news out of FIFA since the decision was made to finally allow goal line technology (which Sepp blocked for years) or maybe awarding the US the 1994 World Cup. I am shocked. FIFA must have gotten wind that the FBI has major dirt on him and it was only a matter of when not if he is indicted. I wonder which of the 14 currently under arrest snitched on him? The FBI Has it issues; but they and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York are very good at finding the money after chasing the mob and corrupt Wall Street hacks and Politicians around the globe for decades. Do not mess with them.

Thoughts on what this will change? I think the big corporate sponsors behind the scenes will push for a house cleaning along with a few politicians looking to make a name for themselves. Doubt the 2018 World Cup will be re-voted as it is only 3 years away and Russia's lunatic, nuclear armed leader would raise hell. Combine this with everything else (human rights issues, schedule issues if held in winter, climate issues is held in summer, capacity to hold the event, etc.) I think 2022 Qatar Cup is in serious jeopardy. If pulled, will it be re-voted or 'given' to the US? If given to the US, Australia (who also lost to Qatar) and the UK (lost to Russia) almost have to be locks for the next 2 Cups in 2026/2030.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/doubts-...r-world-cups-will-go-on-as-planned-1433284136

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom